Fans file lawsuit after Superbowl fiasco

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

In Morgan Freeman's voice:

"You and other lucky fans can sue the NFL and get Super Bowl tickets for the rest of your lives"

Visa...Get busy living, or get busy dying.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Anything that helps bring The Man down.

3. LoneStarPhan

LoneStarPhan Starter

400 or so did not get in but at least 1200 and maybe as many as 3200 tickets were sold for seats that were not available for the game. Bad as that is, nobody seemed to be on hand to tell the folks what was going on. Not a professional job by the NFL.

4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

What if their bus broke down on the way to the game and they missed it? Sue the bus company for $5M?

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think that's quite a bit different from walking into the stadium and being told you don't have seats then ushered into the basement and being told you can watch on tv was this a runon sentence?

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I am normally not the type who supports these kind of lawsuits, but in this case I do.

Alot of the Packer fans had to drive to the game (after flights were canceled mid/late week), and not at a leisurely pace (around the clock in some cases). They drove through horrible weather and on horrible roads to get to the game. The NFL and the city of Dallas knew that there was a problem with the seats at the beginning of the week, but did not communicate this to the potentially affected ticketholders.

If it were me, after having gone through what some of these folks went through to get to Dallas, only to find out that something that was known to be a problem on Monday (before I started driving), but not communicated to me at that time, was keeping me from actually using the ticket that I bought, I would view that as more than just irritating....I would view that as negligence, and would respond accordingly.

I agree with Riverman, and hope that they do not settle. This type of cavalier behavior by the league needs to be nipped in the bud...

Go Fans Go....

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I think I would have told them to tell Jerry to put down his bacon wrapped shrimp and get his butt down here to explain to me why my ticket was sold for a seat that does not exist or is not available.

Then I would have told him to put me in one of the empty seats in his suite....for as much as that all would have happened in reality.

JJ trying to be King of the Superbowls, which was a fail.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You would think that these "executives" would have been quick to realize what a PR disaster it is going to be to tell a fan that they were sold something that won't be delivered.

The NFL and owner's charge OUTRAGEOUS prices for their product because the market is passionate about the product and people will pay it. I think NFL should realize that passion can cut both ways and offer alot more than they have.

The league, owner's and players are currently under heavy scrutiny for the CBA. They all are already perceived as being greedy in this affair and the threat of a lockout generates the impression that none of the parties give much consideration to the fan.

I maintain that a civil suit would readily award these fans $5 million (collectively) in compensatory damages and award them $30 million in punitive. I'm pissed at the owner's and players. I'd like a message sent to the whole lot of them that they better pay GD attention to the fans who are fueling this entire entertainment industry.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

There are two additional things that have irritated me about this. Chris Chase, the author of the article, states that we shouldn't feel to bad for these displaced fans. This moron wouldn't even have a job as a sportswriter if "fans" (in other words people) didn't watch pro football.

Then to read the comments posted on the article and half are like "greedy american s.o.b.s"... so the fans that didn't get what they paid for are the greedy ones, but Goodell, Jerry Jones, and the NFL aren't greedy at all??

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The NFL is going to settle, stop with the talk of bringing them down. Won't happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar