Fans file lawsuit after Superbowl fiasco

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...inst-NFL-and-Cowboys-over-Supe?urn=nfl-319085

The article is pretty crappy Chris Chase writing.

I'm really glad the fans filed this lawsuit instead of just accepting the NFLs proposed compensation. I think that will truly reduce the chances of this ever happening again.

You just can't replace the experience even with money compensating room,travel expenses and future Superbowl tickets.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If they are Packer fans, they should be pissed. If not, shut up.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I disagree.

I think the NFL needs to be more accountable for what happened. I mean, NEXT YEAR'S Superbowl tickets are compensation? These people either drove there, flew there, stayed in hotels, payed for parking, restaurants, entertainment...etc.

I would love to see the NFL suffer. They make me pay too much for beer.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. emong

emong Rookie

I agree, $5 million is a drop in the bucket in a $9 billion dollar business

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

And the bottom line is put yourself in their place.

The Titans somehow make a superbowl, you've shelled out thousands of dollars to go with your family and or friends, to then be told you don't have a seat!

It's inexcusable because no matter what compensation is given the actual experience can never be replaced.

(it is funny that it happened to steeler fans though)

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

the american dream. find a way to sue a huge corporation so they will settle out of court.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. The NFL and Jerry Jones should receive steep punitive damages. They sold goods that they didn't have- essentially a breech of contract as the case states. They did this for an almost insignificant increase in total revenue. Greed at its highest definition.

I hope the fans stick to their guns and don't settle.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

At the very least, send them next year.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

btw Yahoo Sports writers are horrible.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

They were offered one of two options:

1. Tickets to next year's Super Bowl plus $2400.
    2. Tickets to ANY future Super Bowl, plus roundtrip airfare and hotel accomodations. They don't have to pick which one until after the conference championship games, thus insuring they could go to a SB that their team was playing in again. (No cash stipend however)

Neither of those options seems reasonable even for compensation alone. I hope they do go to trial and not settle. I'm betting they could get at least $30 million in punitive damages plus their $5 million in compensatory damages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar