Family Guy steals from The Simpsons..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RyansTitans, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Family Guy is witty now? Jesus...:ha:

South Park was dead on in their diss on Family Guy; this is low-brow comedy at it's finest, which is why it's so popular. It's stupid comedy, and by no means am I saying that the people who like it are stupid, just that it's very easy to laugh at random pop references in absurd situations. Like the blog that was posted said, this show is so successful because it's audience (18-35) can smirk and laugh at the obscure '80s-90s references and feel smug with it. It's easy to laugh at (I know I used to think Family Guy was fairly funny BEFORE it was revived; now it's pretty terrible IMO). But please don't call it "witty" or well-written. It's an insult to fine writing.

And in Family Guy's defense, of all those clips, none of them struck me as an obvious theft. Are there similarities? Of course, but as the saying goes, no idea's original. Simpsons has had TERRIBLE writing for a good 6-7 years now, and still is pretty worn out of ideas. South Park, at this point, is much wittier and sharper with the satire these days, which is what I prefer.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I never thought of them as theft either until that video was put up.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

whoever made that video had no life whatsoever.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

and here it is the end of May and we can't stop obsessing about the Titans. lol.

what a loser. :rolleyes: (the author of the video)

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

when i watched the video, i laughed at most of the family guy clips, none of the simpsons clips....seeing a trend?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the simpsons has been on for almost 20 years, family guy was cancelled...

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

And brought back. And Fox can kill a good thing.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that you laugh at simple minded things?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. Family Guy = Simple while Simpsons = Genius. lmao Family Guy is better at polishing funny material. Simpsons is so dated, I don't even know how I laughed when I was a kid. It's so bland when compared to Adult Swim types.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

exactly, i used to watch the simpsons every monday, now i watch it and i get bored as h e double hockeysticks. L L. Family guy just knows comedy in the modern way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar