Family Guy steals from The Simpsons..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RyansTitans, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZnNsbtsUV0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZnNsbtsUV0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aelkhIdtnfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aelkhIdtnfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:grrr:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I saw this about an hour ago.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Meh, do you know how many times a conversation reminds you of either a family guy or simpsons episode? For people who watch both series regularly, it's ridiculously often. Of course the family guy writers are familiar with the simpsons material, and some of those are very similar jokes, but you could find the same thing with many, many sitcoms, where whole episodes are virtually identical. It would be stranger for family guy to leave out a joke just because it was one similar to one made on the simpsons. In some cases, family guy does the joke better. It also isn't exactly stealing. None of these jokes are the impetus for an entire episode, especially since family guy is so fragmented. These jokes build of other parts of the episode, and fit in independantly. It's ok to have similar jokes, and doesn't make one better than the other. I think the writers would acknowledge that they are heavily influenced by the simpsons, but so are most people from their generation. The simpsons have been around forever, and are starting to have a significant influence on a wide variety of things.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

"Simpsons did it!"

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

When you have 400 episodes or whatever the simpsons have, of course others are going to do things that resemble something that happened on the show. It is sad that people actually dug them up though.

Even if Family Guy does steal from the Simpsons, it looks like a restoration of a rough joke. FG > Simpsons.

6. Fry

yeah, now that the simpsons has run its course, but in the beginning family guy couldnt hold homer's undies.

the south park creators were right, family guy is so not funny, its funny. i would not doubt they chose every joke just by throwing a dart at a wall with a bunch of cards on it. i just dont know how anyone would be entertained by that show.

the only good episodes are the ones featuring stewie.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Al of them feature stewie haha. But nah, I just think FG is far more polished and the humor is a step up from the Simpsons. Even if it has random things just thrown in, they're great. I don't think South Park is near funny enough to even be in a conversation with either of the 2. They tried making fun of FG due to everyone forgetting about South Park.
    Quagmire is a better character than any simpson or south parker.

8. Fry

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I luagh at the show, and that's all I care about.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

As a South Park episode once said, the Simpsons have done pretty much every idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar