Family connections

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>In NFL coaching ranks and front offices, people in the family business can often end up working with, or for, dad.</p> <p>In light of John McClain's <a href="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6207617.html" target="_blank">report</a> that the Texans and looking at David Gibbs, son of assistant head coach Alex Gibbs, for their open defensive backs job, I thought it would be interesting to look at family connections in the AFC South.</p> <p>Here's what I came up with. I am sure you'll let me know if I missed anybody.</p> <p><strong>Houston Texans</strong></p> <p>Vice chairman Cal McNair is owner Bob McNair's son and vice president of security Ryan Reichert is McNair's son-in-law.</p> <p><strong>Indianapolis Colts</strong></p> <p>Vice president Casey Coyle Irsay is owner Jim Irsay's daughter.</p> <p>Vice president of football operations Chris Polian is son of president Bill Polian.</p> <p>Defensive assistant Bill Teerlinck is the son of defensive line coach John Teerlinck.</p> <p><strong>Jacksonville Jaguars</strong></p> <p>Regional scout Chris Prescott is the son of senior vice president/CFO Bill Prescott.</p> <p><strong>Tennessee Titans</strong></p> <p>Administrative assistant to the senior executive president and general counsel Kenneth Adams is the grandson of owner Bud Adams.</p>

More...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.