Fall Out From FA Signings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

I don't know about that. After the 4th around, there really is no such thing as BPA. I mean, I know there is, but talent isn't too far spread apart that late in the draft to really declare LB #36 is better for this team than WR #42. If you need WR #42, then you better get him over LB #36 even if LB #36 is a higher rated player.

But, I wouldn't think that way until the 4th round on out.

So my draft for the Titans in 2013 would go, get the need at #10, BPA 2nd and 3rd rounds, and then draft depth.
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

The one thing a lot of fans are failing to realize is those 2 guys you named are both left guards, it's not that easy moving from left to right, might be a problem we could do without.
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

But they will be rookies. Give them time to make the easy transition from LG to RG. I don't see that being a hard transition at all.
  4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

BPA day 1 and 2 no questions. day 3 is when you can gamble.
  5. titans1839

titans1839 Special Teams Standout

Dang, wish we had a hall of fame coach or postition coach to help them....ha
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Cooper played C also IIRC so I think he has some versatility and could transition I'm sure, I think Warmack was strictly a LG guy but I don't forsee a transition being that difficult. A TC and preseason would work the kinks out.
  7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

we free'd up a lot of picks in the mid rounds IMO.

It's not as big as a priortiy to draft a TE, RB, or DT anymore.

I still think we need to get Chance or Cooper though, I like Cooper a lot, and our o-line would be stacked if we could sure up the other guard position.

We're getting back to what we've been successful with in the past, run it down your throat/dominate the LOS type football.
  8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

If we are going Offensive Guard in the 1st Round wither we trade back or not we need to grab Jonathan Cooper and not Chance Warmack.

Chance Warmack is a road grader perfect for a power run team.

The Titans are looking at the read option and pistol offense that a majority of these athletic QB's are doing well in. Cooper is extremely agile for a big man and would be a better fit for the type of offense we are planning to run.
  9. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

I still want us to take the best guard, whether it be Cooper or Warmack.

We already have two pro-bowl caliber tackles in Roos and Stewart, just picked up Levitre, and we have a young, rising center. Draft a Guard and hopefully we won't have to address the position for the next five years.
  10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Starter

How do you know what offense were running? I don't think we ran the pistol once last year.