Falcon's crazy move...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think a good argument could be made that Julio Jones is worth a late 1st and a late 2nd and you can add a late 4th. But Atlanta also gave up their 1st and 4th picks next year.

Crazy to do that for a WR who is incredibly talented but has some injuries in his history.

What this trade is basically saying:

Julio Jones > 2nd tier WR like Baldwin, Smith, Hankerson Young +this years 2nd and 4th + next years 1st and 4th.

Wow! Is Julio that much better than those guys?

Of course the Falcons didn't know who exactly would be available at 27 and the Chiefs took Baldwin off the board.

Seems like way too much and i love Julio.

Whenever a team has done something like this believing they only need one missing part to win it all it has blown up on them. Look at the Cowboys who built a 3 time champion on draft picks they got from the Vikings in the Hershall Walker deal. The Vikings back then thought they were a complete team except for a dominant RB and traded 2 years worth of picks and it hurt them for years.

Apparently they made the same offer to the Bengals to get AJ Green and the Bengals balked.

That's 5 picks who they could have used on defense, offensive line and yes WR. Congrats to the Browns who can now use those picks to build a solid team.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's a hefty price to pay for Julio. But the Falcons don't have a ton of needs, besides LB and DE. But, they also have some spending money to pickup a couple decent FAs and re-sign a couple players. With Roddy and Julio and Matt Ryan, they should have a deadly passing offense for years.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Falcons should have just stayed where they were and considered Baldwin or Little with their original pick. Even a guy like Titus Young later in the 2nd could help them. I understand what they are trying to do but it is insane to give up that much for a WR. Oh, guess who ended up going in the 26th spot, Baldwin.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

If I were a Falcons fan I'd be pissed, I mean they are pretty much banking on him becoming elite, so if he does become elite they are going to have to spend a ton of cap on him and White, considering White is already a top 5 receiver easily. I think they would have been much better picking up a goodish FA WR as there are going to be a few of them available this off season, and then upgrading their secondary through the draft.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If Julio ends up not being a superstar, that's a horrible trade.

2 1sts
    1 2nd
    2 4ths

that's a ton to give up for a guy completely based on potential. I would of LOVED for the Titans to land that deal if Julio fell to #8. But I'm also happy with Locker :)

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It was a crazy price to pay for a guy I think projects as a possession receiver. A very good one, but I don't expect him to be an elite deep threat. I would have liked the move a lot more if they got AJ Green instead of Jones.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's crazy to pay that much for a guy who, barring a career ending injury to Roddy White, will only be your #2.

8. TitanAtl

TitanAtl Starter

All my friends that are Falcons fans are really pissed about it.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

It's a ballsy move for sure. Safe to say they really believe in this kid. I like the move from the standpoint that he will know how much they wanted him and were willing to give up to get him. I know I'd feel like a stud if they gave up all that to get me.

Side note, wtf is up with his hair?

10. TitanAtl

TitanAtl Starter

Wow, looks like we have an it sucks bandit in this thread.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar