FA wishlist

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I didn't find a thread this specific so I took the liberty.

It looks like the new CBA should be finalized by the end of the week with FA officially kicking off next week sometime. I wanna see what everybody's wishlist looks like. I feel the most important area to address during FA is gonna be DL and I'm using WalterFootball.com's list of FAs.

So here's what my list looks like.

DT: Barry Cofield, DT, Giants. Age: 27.
    Barry Cofield is a great interior lineman who excels against the run and provides a decent enough pass rush.

Brandon Mebane, DT, Seahawks. Age: 26.
    Brandon Mebane has always been great against the run; this year, he added some pass-rushing skills to his repertoire, allowing him to serve as an every-down player in Seattle's defense.

None of the FA DEs really jump out at me as great additions. I'd be ok with bringing Babin back on a reasonable 3 year deal.

ILB: Paul Posluszny, ILB, Bills. Age: 26.
    The centerpiece of Buffalo's defense, Paul Posluszny had 151 tackles in 2010. The Bills can't afford to let him go.

S: Michael Huff, S, Raiders. Age: 28.
    Michael Huff was torched in the opener against Tennessee, but bounced back to have an incredible season.

Donte Whitner, SS, Bills. Age: 26.
    Donte Whitner plays well against the run, but tends to struggle in coverage - though he did improve slightly in that department as the 2010 season progressed.

I know that TE isn't an area of huge need but I'd love to get this guy:

Zach Miller, TE, Raiders. Age: 25.
    Zach Miller has caught at least 56 passes in each of the previous three years. I'd like to see what he could do in a more potent passing attack.

Regardless of what veteran QB we bring in (Hasselbeck, McNabb or Bulger) having a TE like Miller will help out a whole lot.

All in all I'm hoping that we at the very least sign one of the top available DTs or trade for AH. A new SS would be nice but I'm thinking that the coaches will roll with Hope for the time being. What's yalls list look like?

2. Big Time Titan

No takers? :(

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

DB
    I think Bengals corner Johnathan Joseph would be a lovely addition to our iffy secondary. Between injuries and Chris Hope, we could defiantly use the added help at DB. Joseph is expected to get franchised, but Cincinnati also has Leon Hall at CB whom I think they prefer. However, with Pacman screwing up as usual, they may have no choice but to franchise Joseph.

If Johnathan Joseph is a no-go, then I'd want us to take a look at Packer's safety Atari Bigby. Bigby is great in the playoffs, and that's what matters to me, give me a guy that shows up when it counts. Bigby has had some injury issues lately, but to me, that's cool because it's going to lower his asking price considerably. He's a free agent that could be had for little money.

Antonio Cromartie & Nnamdi Asomugha are going to want far too much, so no sense in getting into serious discussions about those two.

OL
    Another guy I'd like to acquire is Bucs Guard Davin Joseph. Joseph was another victim to injury, and to me that helps anyone interested in him get him for less. He's easily the Bucs best lineman, so he won't be easy to lure away from Tampa Bay, they'll probably want him more than we will.

Like my DB wishlist, I have a plan-B for if Joseph is not available. How about Patriots Guard Logan Mankins... Word is Mankins wants to test the FA market. He'll cost us some money, but what good FA wouldn't...

WR
    Since Kenny Britt has become somewhat of a question mark with all his recent arrests, I say we take up a nice insurance policy by pursuing Vikings WR Sidney Rice.

With Sidney Rice expected to cash in, we might have to go after Santonio Holmes. The Jets can't sign both Holmes and Edwards, so if Holmes does hit the market, I want his services. Replacing a dumb Kenny Britt with a just as dumb Santonio Holmes may be questionable, so I also have a 3rd choice. Insert Malcom Floyd. Floyd has been linked to maybe landing in New England, and for me, that's good enough to get my interest.

QB
    I've been saying Matt Hasselbeck for the longest, and with his brother now saying he also see the Titans as the perfect fit, I'm excited more than ever.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Michael Huff and Cofield.

Huff because Hope has to go and he's one of the better ones available and Cofield to add some depth so we can rotate him, Downtown Tony Brown, and Casey in the middle and beast on teams centers and guards. Jason Jones and Derrick Morgan would be beasts coming off the end and even with an average LB core we'd still have a top 5 defense with those additions and Gray.

5. JCBRAVE

Posluszny will leave Buffalo if he's smart, he may join the Giants because of his connection to DC Perry Fewell. But he'll cost more than Tulloch.

As for Whitner, watch him play. He's Chris Hope 2.0

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I know it's a wishlist thread, but I'm going to be realistic.

1. Matt Hasselbeck, quarterback

2. Dawan Landry, safety

3. Mike Sims-Walker, wide receiver

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

08 Fat Albert.

8. Big Time Titan

Cofield sounds like what we need in the middle for sure. 6'4" 306 tackles well, plays well against the run, deflects passes and can force fumbles. Him J. Jones and DTTB along with Casey and the young guys would make for a great rotation.

I like Huff the only knock I have heard on him is that he tends to slack off but then I kind of give him a pass because Oakland has flat out been terrible. I think that Whitner and Huff would benefit from a change of scenery and losing culture. I'd be willing to gamble on either of them as long as it doesn't mean breaking the bank on em.

9. JCBRAVE

Have a bucket of chicken, and crank the DeLorean!

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

SS Dawan Landry He has played in that hard nosed Ravens defense and would be a great replacement for Hope. To me Hope is the weakest link at the moment. He was absolutely terrible last year. If we cut him, we won't be on the hook for the $6.5 million we owe him (not sure how much of that is guaranteed) and can put that towards what we will pay Landry.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar