Extending Verner's contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

It's 2013 and I just got wifi so I can check all my alerts and FF stuff while destroying my toilet every morning.

Feels gud.

I wanna thank Mcdonalds for putting up a store right beside my bridge. THX RONALD.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

You been on that McRib too?

Like Christ sandwich.

Should be used for communion at church. Closest thing to the body of Christ man will ever get to.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Man we better not let Vern walk.

4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I feel like Oprah right now. High fives for everyone! No one here is saying Luck sucks, I don't know where that's coming from. The consensus from the opposition is that he's extraordinarily average. He has done nothing to warrant the praise hes been getting. Here are some stats for you.

258 ypg, 55% completion, 38 td, 25 int, 12 fum lst / 37 turnovers, 79.4 qb rating.

You can't tell me that's good. That's as average as you can be, and I've seen qb rankings with him at #5. That's laughable. Where does the love come from besides wins. Btw by that logic Alex Smith is a very good qb because he took a 2-14 team to 9-2 this year. No one here would say Alex Smith is a very good qb. I don't get the love.

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Before Pagano was diagnosed with Leukemia, they had no quality wins. Then all the sudden they beat the Packers - but if you looks closely the Packers were blowing them out and for some reason either got shut out or barely scored at all in the second half. That means the Colts won that game because of their defense or the Packers goofed off. That's usually the case when Luck has late game heroics.

This year, he may have beaten what many consider to be the best three teams in the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos, but anyone who watched those games can tell you Luck isn't the reason they won. Against the 49ers, it was the Colts run game and defense and the overalls suckage of Kaep and the SF offense. Against the Seahawks, it was a 10 point swing with a blocked kick for a TD near half time that changed the game completely. And like I've said over and over, the Seahawks are a completely different team on the road. Then in the Broncos game what can I even say? Luck played well. Sure. But my god the Broncos shat the bed. There was a defensive (special teams) TD when Holliday muffed the punt, there was a safety, and there was the dumb Broncos driving 90 yards down the field through the air only to hand the ball off to RONNIE ****ING HILLMAN (who already had fumbling issues) at the 2 yard line. Hillman, of course, fumbles and ended the game.

Unless Luck improves his game 500%, he won't win a Super Bowl.

The Luck love is verging on being just as weird as Tebowmania. No, he's a million times better than Tebow (as is every NFL QB), but I feel like the general public just says "oh yea that Luck guy is special" just because

The overwhelming majority of those ESPN clowns don't even watch games. They see the highlights. That's all. And we all know they don't show what Luck does poorly. He was absolutely piss poor at best against the Rams and Cardinals. If you pressure him or take away the run game, he is doomed. We might as well just copy what the Rams and Cardinals did (if we're even capable of being so smart) and we will win easily.

Am I reaching? No. But some of our fans still think I'm just in denial.

I will gladly admit he's an elite QB if he ever shows that ability. But he's not even close to elite yet. Watch the games and take a gander at his stats and you would laugh at the notion of him being elite. Don't buy into the ESPN hype. They have their own agenda. They're grasping at straws, looking for the next elite QB in the league for when Peyton, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers are gone. They've already chosen their poster boy in Luck, and they will NEVER change their mind even if he never wins a playoff game.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Sorry JC, I don't buy into the "all he does is win" argument and neither should anyone else. There are just too many variables that go into winning an NFL game and that line of thinking is why it took people so long to come to terms with the fact that Tebow is a horrendously bad QB by NFL standards. I'm obviously not going to compare Luck to Tebow skill-wise but as far as undeserved hype they are very similar. I wouldn't say a peep about Luck if he wasn't getting god-mode hype but for some odd reason he is. My entire analysis id trying to figure out why. As far DW goes, I wouldn't say he "brainwashed" people on here but I used to blindly believe that Luck was the second coming too until I started looking at his stats and saw he was extremely average.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There in lies your problem, you're not watching his games

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No... The people who think he's the second coming of Jesus are the ones who don't watch his games.

Your stats don't need to jump off the paper, but damn... that completion percentage is awful. Gotta be close to the bottom of the league in that category. And his yards per attempt - also terrible.

I hope we bring the heat on him this Sunday. He makes a lot of decisions while under pressure. Unfortunately we haven't gotten consistent pressure on anyone outside of the Steelers, Texans, and Jets. And that's been quite some time.

9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Lock Em Up Pay The Man - they have the cash :cigar:

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

That it where you are wrong my friend. I've watched quite a few of them. I sure as hell saw him throw 2 picks against the Jags in the 1st quarter. I remember because that's the day I stopped considering the Jags and easy win. I saw him play like absolute trash against the Cards. He keeps getting all the credit for bringing his team back after all these horrid first halves but what about the rest of his team? Did they just sit back helplessly and their lord and savior saved the day? If I remember correctly Donald Brown was the biggest factor in them beating us yet the next few days all I heard was "Andrew Luck does it again". That's the kind of BS that just bugs me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar