Expectations if Whitehurst gets the start?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Whats going thru everyone's mind when they think of the possibility of Charlie Whitehurst getting the start vs Indianapolis?

Since learning first hand that Whisenhunt calls his gameplan and not what best suits his QB, I believe if Whitehurst is playing, we may actually look half decent out there.

Kendall Wright mumbled something about Whitehurst throws with anticipation when asked about the backup QB, that could turn into a good thing, because the one obvious thing Jake Locker is failing to do is put the ball where the receiver will be. If Whitehurst can do a better job or leading his receivers then he needs to be the QB this Sunday.

Whitehurst on preparing for possibility of playing this week.

Thought....

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I expect us to have a better chance at winning the game if Whitehurst starts.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Whitehurst was CLEARLY the best QB on the day of TC that I attended. It wasn't even close that day.

That said, I believe we are goiong to see heavy run packages. We've got a lot of work to do getting our OL to jell. I am particularly interested to see if Lewan plays significantly at LG in place of Levitre. I believe we can keep the game in reach if we can run well against them. And by well, I mean getting 7 points and eating some clock.

4. JCBRAVE

The keys to winning with Clipboard Jesus is run first. Thats actually the keys to winning with any of our QB's playing. Our RB's have good vision and second effort. Just dont try asking CBJ to carry the team and we have a chance.

Justin Hunter said he expects Locker to play tho, but since he's not making that call its just his opinion.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Colts aren't anything special. If we can get even acceptable QB play and not get shredded through the air or on the ground then I like our chances.

I'd love for us to win just so I could hear the analyst/"expert" chatter. Their heads might explode if the mighty Colts were to lose to the redheaded stepchild of the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Nah, they'll just act like nothing ever happened. The Titans are involved.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

We managed to make some noise in 2008 with Collins sorry butt, how far off is CBJ to an old grey bearded Collins?

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I expect our WR's to get a lot more yards. Mainly Hunter. Whitehurst can actually throw a deep ball. However we will still lose the game b/c he will make several turnovers.

9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I expect a win.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I'm gonna laugh if goes all Billy Volek out there and throws for 400 yards

• High Five High Five x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar