Expectations For Titans WR Donnie Avery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's played, just hasn't recorded any stats yet.

He played one snap vs the Browns. The following week Avery played 5 snaps. Now with a bye week and more time to catch up, I suspect he'll register a catch some time soon. Maybe vs the Texans.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree, I think we see quite a bit more of him this week...how this works out remains to be seen.

3. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I expect to see him on the field for about 15 plays against Houston. Most of those should just be him running a 9 route.

Take a couple of shots deep, take them early, and give them something to think about.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I expect nothing. Anything will be a bonus.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20110...lights|contentId:09000d5d8219cdf9&tab=analyze

D.Avery 19 yd.TD pass from A.Feeley....This particular play was from the preseason a few weeks back.Remember seeing him playing quite a bit in that preseason game against Tennessee.

Coach Mike Munchak and offensive coordinator Chris Palmer say they believe wide receiver Donnie Avery’s role will expand now that he’s been with the Titans for a few weeks.

But Avery still has to complete the process that every athlete does following a serious injury – convincing himself he’s once again able to do everything he could before the injury. Avery suffered a torn ACL in the 2010 preseason and was later cut by the Rams.

“If you’ve ever had a knee injury, it takes about a year,” Palmer said. “Probably a year-and-a-half later it starts to feel good. It’s not that there’s anything wrong with it. It’s (just) ‘Do you trust it?’ ”

Palmer says Avery is getting better, but still has a little work left in that department.

“The other day, he ran a comeback route and you can see he wasn’t quite sure he could run it,” Palmer said. “He did, and I heard (wide receivers coach) Dave Ragone say, ‘You didn’t trust it.’ Avery said, ‘No, not yet. But I’m getting better at it.’ You just have to play through it.”

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That is a big hurdle to overcome. He'll end up finding out just how strong that knee is when catches a ball, and has to go.

7. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

agreed, at least the only way is up for Avery in my eyes :)

Just hope he doesn't get hit below the knees, or get scared of catching a ball knowing that a hit is coming upon touchdown.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If the knee is healed the problem is all in his head. He needs to get over it and start contributing. Maybe if he puts up a poster of Welker he can have some motivation.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

He looked fine in the preseason and i put a link where he caught a touchdown against us with the Rams in preseason.So yeah a lot of it could be mental or in his head.

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

All we need him to do is run go routes on sunday this sunday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar