Expectations for DGB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mitch86, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

DGB was inconsistent and made plenty of mental mistakes. He still ended up out performing 6 of 7 WRs drafted ahead of him.

Next season he will have a year of experience, a "player friendly" offense plus Robiskie is said to be great with WRs.

Do you expect him to break out and become a true #1 WR? 1,000+ yards? Double digit touchdowns?

Personally, I think he has it in him... Mularkey kind of made it sound like DGB needs to up his work ethic so that is concerning.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2015 was his get back in football shape season, 2016 I expect at least 700-yards and a bunch of TD's. He still plays WR like a DE but throw his way enough and he'll make the plays.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Probably depends more on Mariota than it does DGB.

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I would say it depends more on play calling. Whiz/Mularkey/Michaels didn't seem to use DGBs main advantage, his size. I would have liked to see more jump balls to DGB in the redzone and things like that. But redzone scoring wasn't a huge problem...getting down there was.

Mariota needs to work on the deep ball which would also help.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

then factor in Robiskie calling plays, could really limit what DGB does

• Troll Troll x 1
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Do any of you know his targets/drops stats? Sometimes things can seem what they are not, but it seems he dropped a lot to me.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't remember a horrific amount of drops, but he just needs to play faster. Dude could have had three or four more big plays if he had just gotten his head around faster.

• High Five High Five x 8
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

66 targets, 32 receptions, 4 drops

but what the NFL calls a drop you might call a fumble, he definitely let more than 4 passes go..

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

DGB was coming on strong last year. Year 2 he will still have some struggles, but I expect him to pick up where he left of this year, and continue to grow.

By the end of year 2 I would like to see him emerging as a true #1 WR threat. Then going into year 3, he should be our lock at WR1

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

The real question is ... what are we gonna do with our 2 slot recievers?

I would like to see us bring in another WR. I know getting a true #1 is a stretch in FA, so I won't expect that, but I would like to see at least a solid WR2 be brought in to play opposite of DGB.

Kendall can go to the slot where he belongs (and I think be very productive), and Douglas can be our WR4 (he would make good depth, but can't rely on him as a starter)

I think this would be fine for us for a couple of reasons:

1) Walker, is a true threat to a D, so that will help to cover up the fact that we don't have a true WR1

2) MM likes to spread the ball around (when his weapons are healthy), so I think having multiple solid options will be more than fine.

3) DGB will turn into that WR1 for us in time I believe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar