Expectations for Britt...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Crash Override, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

What about week 2-17?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

After watching some of Fitz' games last year, I'm convinced he is probably the best WR in the league right now. And no offense to Finny, but I still think he is a bit raw at the position. Which is a good thing, because he can get better!

3. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

This is how I see the future, I had a dream about it haha.

Cage is the only proven WR that we have right that we known will make good cathes and have a decent year.

While Nate Washington is a good receiver he still hasn't learned our playbook. Although he has the experiance he is a rookie in TEN because it is his 1st year with the team.

Like Nate, Britt is new to TEN and doesn't know are playbook right now. However he is more atheltic than Nate, and Britt was drafted. Something Nate hasn't experianced.

Nate had the chance to lock up, and be the 2nd WR next to Ward but he didn't compete enough and last the job to Holmes.

What makes you guys think that Nate is our 2nd WR? Britts chances are pretty much the same as Nates. If nate fails to out perfom Britt, than Britt will be our number two guy.

Nate, and Britt are new to TEN. They dont yet have the chemistry with KFC. So in training camp and in the preseason is going to be a big battle between Britt, and Nate for that number two. Just because we signed nate doesnt mean he is automaticly our number two. Let see how britt plays the offence.

So the grand finale. My predictions.

I really think Britt will out play Nate. Since Nate lost to a rookie Holmes while in Pittsburg, I beilive this bad luck will follow Nate. So that being said, Britt will have a good rookie season. He will get 40 catches for 600 yards.

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I expect him to not take any advice from lendale white.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That was 11 years ago dude. 11 years and a different GM.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Same offensive philosophy.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

But let's be realistic here.

Pacman made his biggest impact as a returner. His natural talent allowed him to make some plays as a CB. We know now that he "freelanced" quite a bit so really didn't know the defense well.

Vince had his moments but little of it was due to him knowing the full playbook. He did more with his legs.

Griffin made his biggest impact on special teams.

CJ was a natural and RB is the easiest position to make an early impact.

Since WR is about learning routes, understanding coverage, adjusting, etc. it's probably second to the QB as far as complexity on offense. Dinger will give Britt as much as he can take and will hopefully put him in situations where he can have some success. But, due to the position, I don't expect him to have more than 400 yards and 2-3 TDs this season.

8. matt333

matt333 Guest

Hi guys,

BIg RU and Britt Fan here..Someone in this thread wanted to know how he could watch more highlights of Britt.

Go to scarletknights.com
    Click "multimedia" then " "audio/video archive"...You can catch RU highlights from his entire carreer...Once you find a game you want to watch right click the screen and go "full screen" so you dont have to watch a tiny video screen...

Personally I agree w/ Kiper that Britt has a chance to be Rookie of the Year. No one came close to stopping him in college. And dont let anyone tell you the Big East was not good competiton. Trust me, Im a huge College Football fan and Britt was going up against soild Competion every week in the Big East.

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

To be honest i cant see why we cant if we stay healthy. Back in 04 we were ranked 11th overall in total offense(10th passing and 14th rushing) with a putrid defense that was 27th overall and we were still able to manage 2 1,000 yard receivers. We're much better offensively now then we were back then. Mase had 1168 yds and Bennett had 1248. Now that was the year Volek came in and played 10 games and threw the ball out of his mind but was sacked 30 times. I think both Gage and Washington are capable of putting up 1000 yard seasons and even Britt if he miraclously has a breakout rookie year. Bennett wasnt doing anything special that year,he just complimented Mase well and benefited from the all the attention Mase caused. Britt doesnt even have to have a breakout year,he just has to make enough plays where defenses have to respect him. Some other reasons i think we can have a effective passing game-offensive line is returning from being tops in the league last year,we have a RB that forces defenses to play you honest which in return gives your receivers more chances to make plays down field,the same O-cordinator,defense that is consistint at causing turn overs and giving the ball back to the offense and lastly a QB who makes good decisions and can deliver the ball down field. More weapons,another year in the system and knowing your the guy going into the season is only going to help him.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Don't wish for big passing production, it would mean that we're losing, just like in 2004...

If we're winning, we run, run, run the ball. Hope for NO offensive passing production!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar