Excellent 3-Cone Drill Article

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Cheers.

Excellent educational read.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That drill is mastered by doing it over and over. I've ran it and had an awful time, but then did it 3 more times and saw a huge improvement. It doesn't translate as much to football as the 40 does.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think it translates directly since hardly anyone runs in a straight line on a football field.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

But more importantly, they all apply in some way. That's why it's an art and a science.

6. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Great read, I will Hi5 you if my rep hadn't runned out

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm starting to agree with you on that Roll. This made it official. You know who had excellent cone and short shuttle times? Macho Harris. I think his height, slight speed edge, and big hit status, plus some return ability, move him behind Darius Butler for us now.

6.68 3 cone time at the Combine, 3.98 short shuttle.

Pick #30?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think any CB that will be available is worth the 30th pick.

Harris ran a 4.68 40 at the combine and according to nfl draft scout is only the 11th best CB.

I like D-linemen like gilbert, marks, ayers or johnson in rd 1.

Ayers is very similar to jason jones and looks like a solid versatile player in our system.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Harris ran a 4.4 unofficial, and a 4.46 and 4.50 official at his pro day.

Second highest 3-cone for a corner (Malcom Jenkins), and second best 20-yard shuttle time. Only Kevin Barnes from MD did better, and Sherrod Martin from Troy are in that class.

Harris was projected as a late one / high two before he redeemed himself. I'd say it all depends on how serious the Titans are and who is available. Harris is a nasty hitter and I could see him being an ideal physical replacement for Harper. I worry less now about his speed, and more about causing penalties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar