Ex-Titan McCareins will visit on Thursday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan4eva24, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Possible, but as I said. It was known that he was on the bad list. Ignore that part if you want.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not ignoring it. I'm just not believing McCareins numbers are due to a coach who got mad at him yet played him in 16 games last season.

The Jets averaged only nine more yards per game receiving than the Titans last season. But coach was cool with that because he needed to hate on McCareins.

McCareins isn't the answer. He's depth on a team who has plenty of it already.

#90 Camp Fodder

Do any of you have egos? If you were a coach, McCareins had 800 or so yards, several TD's and then fell off after you left, wouldn't you take that to mean you could coach him up and were the reason for his success? Come on guys..

4. TitanJeff

Referring to Dinger? Possibly. But Reinfeldt makes the call. And, based on what he's been saying, I don't see the attraction.

McCareins never produced in New York like he did his final season for the Titans in '03 when he had over 800 yards and seven TD. He TOTALED seven TDs in his four seasons there. Even with Dinger his OC, he never took that next step to becoming who the Jets thought they were getting in '04. The last two seasons have been horrible.

Read a few Jets blogs on him. They consider him a bust and a player with no heart. It appears '03 was his career year and it's been downhill ever since.

5. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

wow, i live in new jersey and had the "pleasure" of watching mccariens all year. He Sucks. He is way to far past his titans days. He went to the Jets and dropped ball after ball, He was a 3rd or 4th string Wr on the jets, meaning he might be good enough for a 3rd rounder here, but honestly were looking to improve not downgrade. Mike Williams has a way better chance to make an impact than Mccariens. Yes he was good for us 4 years ago, not now.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'd love to see this crew make names for themselves but Dinger and his coaches have their work cut out for them in simply teaching these guys to catch a ball or two..

7. ONUV

ONUV Starter

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

All I know is all our worries can be put to rest. We desperately need a #1 WR and a stud LDE to replace Odom and LaBoy and now with McCareins coming in along with Josh Thomas we have those guys......right

Is this some kind of joke?

McCareins isn't one iota better than what we already have on this team and if Paul Williams, a 3rd round pick can't be McCariens like MR stinks as a drafter (he says we are going to build through the draft). Same goes for Chris Henry being a 2nd round pick and now we are looking for some vet cast off RBs instead of picking up a young guy in the draft.

Look, everyone can say Berrian isn't a #1 WR and on and on but the facts are Berrian caught 71 passes for almost 1000 yards on a team with just as bad QB play as the Bears and I believe a guy like that would light it up with Dinger as OC. Berrian is BETTER than anyone we have on our roster and his asking price at 7 mil per year would not have destroyed us. Heck we could have just signed him instead of Gage considering Gage is closer to the guys we have already.

Now we bring in McCariens? You have to be kidding me. This move made much better sense last year BEFORE we spent 3 draft picks on WRs with two of them being a 3rd and 4th rounder. Now what is the point?

9. TitanJeff

It'll have to happen via the draft.

Honestly, look at these guys. Most either have injury issues, are old or haven't done squat the last couple of seasons. These are guys you give one-year deals to (see Brown/Moulds last season) after the draft and OTAs just to add some depth.

Anyone who thinks these type of players solve any real needs on the Titans is dreaming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar