Ex Raven's Cheerleader charged with rape

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Doc, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I said that?

2. JCBRAVE

its not just about the boy here, this woman has something wrong in her head to be into a 15 year old.

you need a culmination of events to take place for this kind of deal to go down, you cant just be a horny little teenager and expect to bone your pals mom. She's gotta be a special kind of messed up to allow it.

Your biggest problem was your buddies moms weren't freaks.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Just pointing out the double standard.

In this case you say the kid liked it. There is apparently no victim. Reverse the sexes and see what your response would be.

4. JCBRAVE

R. Kelly once said, age is only a number.

If person A is into person B I dont have any issues with it.

These 2 people we're talking about were both cool with it. Unless something isn't being said, but I read 5 articles, and the overall theme is they did this multiple times willingly.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

On a similar note - a friend shared this experience this week.
    I wouldn't have guessed this could mess a person up - but apparently it really has..
    You sometimes have to live it to fully grasp it..

From R.S:
    This is likely the most difficult and revealing post I have shared here on Facebook. I've thought about sharing it on numerous occasions but feared what friends and acquaintances might think. I feel it's past time and somehow necessary to share this story. I'm doing this with some apprehension and after reading you might understand why.

August 9, 2009. It was my birthday. I had just turned 34, and was experiencing what I've acknowledged as the most profoundly depressing year of my life. I had sunk very low between the end of 2007 until sometime in 2010 where the depression lifted somewhat. I was getting into fights (I broke a finger during one scrap)..people that know me will vouch: I'm not one to go out and get into fights. I was in a bad place.

It was the longest depression that I can recall. My life was a shambles in many ways. I was a good and well meaning person- but some significantly unfortunate events had more than taken their toll on me. I had left Oakland where I had spent the previous year living in a warehouse/co-op on San Pablo in the neighborhood often called Ghost Town. Most people knew the living space where I lived as Sugar Mountain, adjacent to Ghost Town Gallery (where I had been living in the years prior). I would occasionally book some really exciting shows during some of the years I was living on San Pablo. I know a lot of you were there for some memorable ones.

I had the opportunity to move to Sonoma under the premise that I would be learning the trade of fabricating and repairing guitars for a place in Berkeley (Subway Guitars) owned by an eccentric man, most folks know him as Fatdog. I was and am forever grateful to him for giving me some respite from Oakland. I was having a very rough time there with all the crime and a social setting that proved repeatedly to be a very poor fit for me. I tried but I couldn't quite connect. Everyone was suspect and I had become increasingly agoraphobic, severely introverted and isolated.

I began drinking in earnest. Often in excess both privately and with the smallish group of people I had at that time. On this birthday I chose NOT to be a recluse and decided I would go back and spend my birthday drinking with my old roommates at Sugar Mountain in Oakland. Turns out I drank way too much that night and a severe case of alcohol poisoning had set in. The last I remembered I threw up in the bathroom and was incapacitated on the bathroom floor. It felt like I was there for sometime. I must have been the last one up after that round of drinking. Everyone had gone to bed. It was a weeknight so people had work the next day apparently. I was unemployed. This is where I was at in life. Completely wasted and passed out on a ****** dirty floor.

Here's what happened next: at some point, someone entered the bathroom. I could hear the sound of urinating and was aware someone had stepped over me to get to the toilet. Then I felt someone taking their hand and putting it down my pants and copping a feel, exploring and gripping my genitals. I actually felt scared and confused. I came to my crippled senses sometime later. The worst hangover I've ever had I'm pretty sure. Dry mouth, nausea, splitting headache. The works. I somehow managed to make it to the living room couch where I passed out again.

Brian (Hammy) was awake first. I was sort of awake and I asked him if anyone came in the bathroom last night. He didn't know. I was still confused a bit and told him what happened in the bathroom. I felt it might have been some kind of joke or prank for some reason I guess. I remember Hammy sort of laughed it off and said it was probably Brontez, (who lived upstairs in the front room at the time). That made me feel worse and really violated. I was 34. I've never done a thing without consent to ANYONE. And no one had ever done a thing to me, sexually or inappropriately. Hammy left for work or school or whatever and I layed on the couch. I was extremely hungover and puzzled and wondering if I had imagined it or what. A short time later, Brontez ***** came downstairs. He walked up and leaned over me on the couch, his face near mine and he said he came home last night and 'saw me' or something in the bathroom. He actually kissed me on the cheek and went and logged onto the computer in the living room. I managed myself off the couch and shuffled past him and made my way to my car. I never went back to Sugar Mountain, save once to retrieve some mail probably a year later. I would get uncontrollable anxiety just being in that neighborhood.

Maybe it's not a 'big deal'. Reading back on this, it might come across that way. It's not like he raped me or something. But mentally, already being in such a dark place- and barely caring whether I lived or died- at least internally. And that fog. The mental fog that clouded everything, it really made me numb and listless. It's difficult to describe unless you suffer from depression. So I just took it. Most of the time I felt embarrassed and violated and there was a shame associated with this occurrence. It's stayed with me for a long time. It doesn't help seeing that guy in my news feed, where mutual friends like and comment on his posts, where he often seems to frame himself as a victim in one way or another. Like the time he and his friend were attacked at a nightclub a few years ago and had slurs directed at them etc. that story got a lot of traction. Normally I would be upset and feel some sort of empathy for someone in that situation. But Brontez clearly doesn't recognize how his actions affect others. I have no proof and I'm only going on hearsay, but I heard from some 'friends' that I confided in about this that he's done this sort of thing before. I don't doubt it.

Friends of Brontez **** he's not that great a person to say the least. He may be charismatic and you might be drawn to his personality or what have you. And freely do what you want with this information. Who knows what else he gets up to without consent. The Brontez I know is a turd. Those same 'friends' said to me, very clearly 'HE MOLESTED YOU.' As a 34 year old straight male I avoided accepting that. Just that word really freaked me out.

'MOLESTED'

tr.v. mo·lest·ed, mo·lest·ing, mo·lests
    1. To disturb, interfere with, or annoy.
    2. To subject to unwanted or improper sexual activity.

Everytime I see his name that's the association. Maybe I should have said or done something right away. I'm embarrassed to say I was afraid. Of what I don't know. Some imaginary backlash or some other absurd notion. Ridiculous that it's 5 years later and I'm sitting with it, all stuck inside.

I suppose the point of all this is to tell the 40 or so friends of mine that are 'friends' with Brontez Purnell: this is the Brontez I know. I don't get off telling an embarrassing story where I come across as the 'victim'. I'm super hesitant putting this out there, especially 5 years after the fact.

If he doesn't know he needs help maybe someone can steer his ass in that direction. Meantime, have fun! (And know who your friends are.)

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yes. Much different from the drugged out former titans cheerleader where the kid was apparently horrified.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar