Everybody Needs To Calm Down

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Crash Override, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I keep reading so many negative things about the titans performance so far, and how our defense sucks, and our dc has to go. But you guys have to realize, THIS IS PRESEASON. We are not going to reveal our playbooks, we are playing vanilla on both sides. Preseason is all about trying new things with your team, expierementing different things. We have a young talented team, and it is going to take some time for us to gel. I have faith in our coaching staff, but we need to show a little more patience. But people are jumping the gun about our team, when it is only the preseason, and that just goes to show you, you don't have any idea about it.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

...but our DC still needs to employed elsewhere

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

The first string D looked pretty good last week and terrible this week.. We didn't have Haynesworth and Laboy which did hurt a little but it shouldn't have mad that big a of difference. Either way, I'm not sure how qualified you'd be to judge DC talent or at least more than Reese, Fisher, and Bud Adams all of which make those decisions. It comes down to Fisher, IMH. If you ask me, blaming Schwartz for the problems of this team is just passing the buck. Our Defense is no worse than our offense, in fact, I'd still say they're going to be our only chanced of winning anything this year. Want to fire Chow too?

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I learned a long time ago that if you take the motor of a BMW, match it to the body of a Volvo that has a Jaguar suspension and a Cadillac transmission, that this automobile should turn out to be one heck of a car. But in order for all the parts to click with each other, it had to have the right computer. Without it, the car will operate but not as expected and will full apart quicker than expected.
    So is true with our Titans. We've got a bunch of miss-matched parts put together to get the machine to operate and for the last few years, it hasn't. Maybe we should start looking at the computer, the brains of the outfit.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

now that is a nice analogy

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Or it could just be bad gas. :brow:

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:ha:

8. Scotty35

Scotty35 Guest

we match up fairly well against the Falcons. lets see how we rebound.

9. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I agree with it being preseason, but Schwartz has been with the Titans' for a'couple of years and its the same comments... " it's preseason, we're not showing everything".. so on and so on... and nothing changes during the season. Added in Young is not accurate, and preseason or not... thats not changing.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Cept in '03 where the Titans D somehow managed to be among the league's best despite of Schwartz.

It's a shame he quit teaching technique afterward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar