Everybody Calm Down

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm straight laughing at some people in the game thread. The Titans have been exposed. The Titans will be the laughing stock of the NFL. Calm down.

This was a terrible game. The Titans were dominated in literally every facet. Out coached. Out played. Guess what? The Jets are a legitimate team at this point, and they had a superb gameplan. They executed that gameplan to perfection. Meanwhile, the Titans looked completely flat, the gameplan was totally predictable.

This is what it is. It's not an end to the season. It's a loss, and a bad loss. But it's not the end of the world. You either let a loss like this kill you, or you grow from it. I have faith in this coaching staff and this team that it will be the latter.

• High Five High Five x 8
  2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Now we know how the Giants feel, losing to a team your better then and playing very poorly in the process.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Here are the biggest problems I see:

-The drops. The drops were horrendous today. I mean absolutely inexcusable at times. I don't know how you fix this honestly. Either you catch the ball consistently, or you don't.

-The run blocking is average, at best. The Jets were not completely stacking the box today, and CJ continually was hit in the backfield. I don't know honestly how good Amano is run blocking with his knee. Perhaps Harris or Loper could do better.

-The run defense, once a point of pride, looks average lately. Teams can run on us fairly easily, and we're getting beat up front. While the defense remains a big play D, it still has a lot of holes at times.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Our run defense has been overrated all year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

18-1 sounds really good right now...haha...wouldnt it be ironic huh?

i like our run D...thing is we need to change it up....we gave them a bunch of dump off/quick passing lanes....i was watching the game on stream, so i could barly see things b/c of the quality..but no joke...farve (like other qbs against us) r finding recievers quickly.

we need harper back..sure he'll get beat deep every so often..but he is a VERY GOOD containment corner...and in our system..we need to cut off those quick passes and harper does just that...as for the other side.. heck finny is now just a flat out shut down corner.....

with such a system...our safties can focus more on the run. also..our safties r creeping up to often on the outside leaving opposing rbs obvious cut back lanes if the rb is not brought down quickly..or the chace to sprint through for sizeable gains.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ya, were fine. Just got to fix the simple fixable stuff. Drops have been a problem for the last ohh...few years. Not sure if we will fix that.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

At least now excuses can stop being made for any problems the team is having, no more 'But we're still winning' stuff - I'm talking about the drops here. It's been painful.

8. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

I'm sorry, but Jim Schwartz has to go.

We played the same BS stand-back zone garbage ALL game long, letting Favre nickel and dime us to death. Schwartz's refusal to adjust to the game situation was obvious. He doesn't adjust to the opposing offense....he just sticks to the script, no matter how bad it's getting our asses kicked.

I'd rather have George W. Bush calling our defensive plays.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I agree and I've been watching this a lot this season. It just seems that the defense allows big plays more often than they should, on both... run and pass defense. With that said, it's hard to put a lot of blame on the defense in this game when they were out there for the most part of the game.

The biggest problem, IMO, is the inconsistency of the offense. In fact, the offense has had problems scoring points against any team with a decent defense all season. And I wouldn't exactly call the Jets an elite defense. I certianly wouldn't like to see the Titans facing a team like the Ravens in the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar