every titans fan, please read this!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kimberly, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm not a fan of poetry, so... didn't do much for me. It's alright, I guess.

2. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

wow, i never entended this tread to turn out like this!! now my heart is broken!:sad2::sad2:

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with Kimberly. This isn't the time or place to be negative and a lot of the criticism here is total speculation. All of us are flawed, but not all of us will impact those less fortunate than us the way Steve was able.

In 2005 Steve McNair won the Walter Payton Man of the Year award.
    http://www.officialstevemcnair.com/events.php?detail=true&type=News&year=2005&month=11&day=25&id=13

I personally know some that were helped through Steve's community work. Very sad for the middle Tennessee community to lose someone who personally impacted so many lives.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

ok. now i feel bad. I didn't want to hurt Kim's feelings. Look, I'm sorry. That was kind of cold. I didn't read all the poems. I tried reading them all, but it was like drinking maple syrup. I had to quit each one and move on to the next. I am deeply saddened by the whole thing and it just ticks me off. Maybe my emotions were clouding my thinking there. I don't know. I wasn't trying to be asinine and I am very sincere when I say that I looked up to McNair. I thought he really was one of the good guys. One of those rare guys that come along who are really special.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

My for the poems has nothing to do with McNair himself. I just thought they were lame, honestly. They didn't feel right for some reason. I was unable to finish them as well.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

DAMN!!!!!:sad2:

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Everything that was written in the poems was who Steve was to them. That is how they remembered him and problem how they want to remember him. McNair may have made some bad decesions in his personal life but that doesn't make him a bad person.

I don't see anything "lame" about someone expressing their feelings on paper after a sudden loss like that. The poetry wasn't published to be judged if it was good or not it was published to show the families love for the man

8. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

No lasting harm done. Thanks for being a big enough man to apologize. I get where you are coming from in regards to McNair and his legacy and influence. I am really sad about this whole thing as well. He was my all time favorite sports figure. For what it's worth, I didn't read the poems either. For those that did read them, more power to you.

9. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

thanks for the consideration. i am one of the ones that steve impacted in a huge way, because when i met him in november of 2003, he was so SO SWEET TO ME and we talked as if we knew eachother a long time!!!! it was awesome! and all the arguing amongest eachother, the name calling and the bashing of him broke me heart to peices really. if folks wanna bash steve, do it in a different thread.

10. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

So this is what they mean when people say "Rest in Peace". Let the dude rest in peace. All of the "he deserved it" implications are asinine. No one deserves to die from adultery...but some do die for murder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar