every titans fan, please read this!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kimberly, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

People, his family, loved him despite his very flawed and human qualities and behaviors. Why does that make you want to puke? Get over yourself man.

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

dude....relax....he was just brutally murdered

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He was just murdered. His family loves him anyway after everything that took place.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This has nothing to do with me. My problem with the situation has less to do with the people that loved him and more to do with who it turned out Steve really was. McNair was a fraud. His death was completely unnecessary and it was completely his own fault. All that pain his family feels is his own doing. There's that and the fact they are making a spectacle out of themselves, needlessly, I might add. It would be far more dignified to not deal with the media at all rather than put these poems out there.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Pretty harsh.

Everyone who cheats on their wife deserves to die? If so, I imagine the NBA wouldn't exist. Coffin sales would skyrocket.

Yes, he obviously put himself in a bad situation. His death was completely unnecessary. But he was murdered.

6. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

BIP I might be wrong, but I don't think the family released these poems, I believe it was reported that they were on the program at Steve's funeral. I think the media just republished them. I also think the family has done a nice job of keeping out of the media. You haven't heard from Mechelle McNair except for a short thank you for all the support. You don't see her giving interviews in the media. Steve's brother Fred was the only one that talked to the media right after Steve's death. I think that was totally appropriate for a member of the family to kind of represent the entire family and address the media at that time.

The poem written by Steve's mother was heart wrenching. I can't imagine the horror of losing a child, especially the way she lost Steve.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

First and foremost, printing and distributing something like this at a memorial service is totally ok. I have no problem with that. You get a few hundred people in pain together, pass out the programs, Uncle Edsil pulls out his flask from his sock and passes it around the 15th row. People cry. Maybe release some doves or something. There is a time and a place.

Now reading your post, to me at least, suggests that some editor got his hands on the program and put it in his newspaper unbeknownst to the McNair family. I'm not a newspaper man myself, so I don't know all the rules of the game but I would think that permission would have to be sought. If permission is sought and then it's granted and it is in the papers what difference does it make who contacted who over it?

This is just too private to display publicly in a newspaper. It's like discussing your sex life at the office water cooler or something. It's just feels like TMI or more than I care to hear... Plus, I lost so much respect for McNair over all of this. I'm sad about it too. I really just want to move on. Those poems are just too much.

8. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I agree that the poems should not be out there. I took one look at them and did not read them. But bashing Steve on moral grounds so soon after his death is where we disagree. This is a football forum, not church.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

exsqueeze me? Who's "bashing" Steve?

I really admired the guy. I admired his perseverance, his dedication, his resolve. his refusal to quit, and his leadership. I admired the way he led by example. I admired his citizenship and the way he was a family man. A lot of what I want to be is based in part on what I thought he was. Steve was influential to me. If I want to call the guy a fraud for leading us all to believe he was some kind of amazing father and husband that doesn't make me a slanderer. That just makes me truthful.

10. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Um....you. Let's recap:

If you want to get over "it" then by all means don't read the poems. There is nothing difficult about that. And by the way, it doesn't take balls to make asinine comments on a message board. It just takes someone with an internet connection.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar