Even Revis thinks Finny is the man

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I love Cortland, he's great to have. But unfortunately he isn't all that in a bag of chips. Revis, Bailey, and Asomugha are. Cortland can be, but he needs to stay hungry. I'd have him at like 4 or 5 in terms of the best shutdown guys. He gets beat, but not often enough to get a bad reputation for it. If we could team him up with anyone half as good as himself we'll be looking good.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

You just said Cortland isn't all that then said he's a top 4 or 5 CB in the league so what are you saying?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm saying he doesn't stand out. He's good, but unlike the other names I listed nothing he does is amazing. Revis locks you up and takes you out of the game. And while Cort sometimes does this, he's not guaranteed to keep Moss, Owens, Fitzgerald at bay. Revis, Bailey and dude in Oakland are almost always going to keep those players busy. Yes Cort owns Ward and other 2nd tier WR's, but when the best of the best line up opposite him he becomes a good corner and not great.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's a top 5 corner for way less than a top 5 corner price. I'll take that any day.

5. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I think what JC is kind of saying is that, while he is a top CB in the league, he's not in the upper echelon of talented CBs. You could make an argument for either Revis or Asomugha being the best, but not many people would bring Finnegan in the discussion at this point. Just like I would consider a guy like McNabb or Schaub a good QB and some of the better ones in the league, but still pretty far from Manning.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Revis has pressure up front. Finnegan doesn't...

and Finnegan is STILL just as good- just not as overrated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar