Evaluating Our Needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 3, 2016.

?
  1. Runningback

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Wide Receiver

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Offensive Tackle

23 vote(s)
    38.3%
  4. Guard / Center

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Defensive Line

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. Inside Linebacker

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Safety

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. Cornerback

22 vote(s)
    36.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I think UT's CB Cam Sutton will come out early and he'll probably be a late 1st or 2nd Rd'er...especially since he is such a weapon in the Punt return game. Took a few to the house this year. Been a shut down corner since day 1 as a true freshman.

May be a little biased because he's a Vol, but as a Titan's fan, I try to look at our needs as objectively as I can. It's why I don't mind seeing us draft Derrick Henry at RB, at the top of the 2nd Rd...even though he's a Bamer. And I hate Bama.

I also think the Titans could wait to get a safety until the 4th or 5th Rd and take UT S Brian Randoph. He's been as solid of a S as I've seen for the Vols, in a long, long time. Same size as Griffin. Lays the wood has very good coverage skills (got a critical INT in the Outback Bowl, on Friday, to help the team pull away).

As for OT, I suspect we'll take Laremy Tunsil from Ole Miss, No.1...but I'd rather us try and trade that pick to a team that wants to jump ahead of Cleveland, to get either Goff or Paxton Lynch. We would have to lower the asking price for the trade a bit, as it would probably be more beneficial for us to trade with Dallas, SF or the Rams, and still get to pick in the top half of the draft, where we could still get a top OT, like Ohio State's Taylor Decker.

However, whomever the new GM is, should make it priority No.1 to get OT Russell Okung from Seattle in FA, if he can. That would allow us to take the best possible player...which might be DE Bosa. We have Morgan opposite of Orakpo, but as we saw this year, we have no depth at that position. Bosa is JJ Watt kind of material.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You're comfortable starting a 4th or 5th round safety?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I'm starting to warm up to Bosa.

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  4. 615nick

615nick Starter

This team needs coaches and playmakers. That's why it's so important for us to hire a gm and hc with no ties to the current staff. We need a new coach at wvery spot on o. With a new, legit staff in place we'll be in much better shape. Focus on filling holes in fa and getting playmakers in the draft. We shouldn't touch an olineman in the draft til the 3rd round at the earliest, imo. We have to get game changers. Im fine with bosa, ramsey or Hargraves in the 1st (hopefully with a trade back involved). Then getting more playmakers in round 2 (hopefully having 2 early picks).

5. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Agreed...

6. JBC

JBC Starter

The Titans are starting a 5th round middle linebacker. The patriots are starting a sixth round Qb. The Texans start an undrafted running back. It doesn't matter what round a player is drafted in as long as they can play.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

WHY?

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

He's wearing flannel.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Stud RB, Stud WR, new unis.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar