Evaluating Our Needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 3, 2016.

?
  1. Runningback

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Wide Receiver

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Offensive Tackle

23 vote(s)
    38.3%
  4. Guard / Center

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Defensive Line

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. Inside Linebacker

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Safety

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. Cornerback

22 vote(s)
    36.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

WR is a moderate need?

(scratches head)

Have you seen our receiving corp? There's zero separation for Mariota to throw to.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

What no, "All of the above" choice?

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Nah. Not with our glaring need at OT... i'm assuming they'll make the "safe pick" of Tunsil. Unless Ramsey/Bosa murder it at the combine/pro day, Tunsil is the pick. That's alright, give me:

1st: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Miss St
    2nd: Scooby Wright, Reggie Ragland, Ezekiel Elliott, Derrick Henry, Kendall Fuller, Jonathan Bullard, Corey Coleman, Josh Doctson, Jayron Kearse, or Vonn Bell.

Plenty of options Day 2 to find two playmakers.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

No doubt. But the fact of the matter is on paper we have two starters in DGB & Wright. Yes the need for depth is there, but we have our main two guys, for now.

5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Pretty good right up. I think on a couple of spots coach is our biggest need., specifically oline and wide receiver. We could certainly improve our personnel on the online but but a good coach may go further than a single player could. Same goes for wr. A good running back would also help the line and receivers by creating a more balanced attack.

On the defensive side, clearing secondary. IMO we need to trade that first pick and get Jalen Ramsey / Vernon Hargreaves (sp?) Then in the 3rd round get Cam Sutton and pick up a safety along the was. Searcy seems okay. Maybe the focus needs to be safety since we will get McCourty back.

D line and LB seem pretty good to me, maybe some depth but Mount has made some plays, Bass looks pretty good, Woodyard, Williamson and Orakpo are good. Brown probably isn't starting on many teams but could be a solid back up.

While I think secondary needs the most help, I'm not sure you can pass on Tunsil.
    However, imo coaching is the biggest need on oline.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Offensive line is no doubt the biggest need, and I picked guard and center because everyone there needs to be replaced. At least Lewan can still prove that he's not a bust (I'm not sold on him yet).

O line makes our RB's better, Mariota better, our WR's better, and ultimately our defense better (because they are on the field less). DB is a close second though. Our DB's are atrocious.

I like Jalen Ramsey, but DB is so deep this year I could see taking Tunsil at 1 because OT isn't as deep of a spot. Ramsey would be hard to pass up on though. He is a playmaker this defense desperately needs.

7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

If we do not trade this number 1 pick for multiple picks then we deserve to rot in football hell. We are in such bad, bad, bad shape that no one player is going to make a difference. Might as well throw a wine cork into the Mississippi River.

I said the same thing when we wasted a draft pick on a qb with chicken legs, fumblitis, and can't throw the ball over 20 yards with any accuracy at all and we improved so much that we have the number 1 pick this season instead of the number 2 pick... Way to improve the team...

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Anything that protects Mariota.

Chose OT.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I would rank DB as our biggest need right now. I think our WR and OL groups will benefit from better coaching. I simply can't believe they're that bad.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Sounds cliche but really we need playmakers and intangibles. Good thread topic and post. But regardless of position we need character players with thick skin that will help change this culture from the prima donnas that aren't accountable for their own play.

I'd really like to see 60% roster turnover even if it is just replacing our scrubs with other team scrubs. At least the new scrubs won't be tainted by the lack of caring by the current roster.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar