ESPN's preview of the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OhioTitan, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if it's online anywhere, i was reading it in their magezine and thought a couple things were funny. They have us going 7-9. I might be a major homer but 7 or 8 wins is probably the minimum that i would predict. The best part was them saying our best case senario is us overcoming the losses of Bulluck and Harper on defense. I could understand them saying that about Bulluck even though we've looked really good at LB if not better so far. But we have to overcome the loss of Harper??? That last part makes me wonder if they ever watched a game or not.

What do you guys think?

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The national news media have never watched the Titans and never will.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Any time I read or hear ESPN's take on the Titans, it's a bunch of "filler" to fill the allotted time given. They don't know this program for anything. John Gruden said plenty of good things about the Titans team, he knows us better than 90% of the media. So unless it's coming from a source close to the Titans, it's always going to be "filler". Any time Jeff Fisher is spoken of, it's the same thing every time. Very few people outside of Tennessee care about Tennessee. If the Titans were a New York/California team, ESPN would recognize they're a contender, and not a 7-9 AFC West type team. Also, playing in the Colts shadow hasn't helped us get any national attention. Besides, anytime this team does get praised for their efforts, they go 0-4. We're better off flying under the radar. Most teams are, notice the perennial fallout by the Super Bowl teams....

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I just can't get over them saying we have to get over the loss of Harper, even if they never watch a game, surely they had to see him getting burnt every week in their highlight reals. And trust me, bein from Ohio, i know all to well how we are seen in the national media

5. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I would take ESPN's analysis with a grain of salt and be more inclined to pay attention to football guys and their analysis (SiriusNFL, NFL Network, etc)

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

7-9 Wins sounds about right too me.

7. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Hmm.. There was a study done before last season and it ranked the Tennessee Titans as the #9 team in the NFL in regards to popularity. That is better than average. Incase you were wondering, yes, the Jacksonville Jaguars have had last place locked up in this study in regards to popularity.

9. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

I see us 7-9 or 8-8 we are a young team that will be better with more experience a year or 2.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I must be smoking the good stuff, but I see no reason we can't start the season 5-1. After that, its a crap shoot. Sure, that's optimistic, but the pieces are falling into place. Some of our opponents have key injuries and suspensions that work in our favor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar