ESPN says Titans Biggest LOSERS!!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans2871, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I hope to God we can get him tomorrow

2. None of the picks blew me away, but I don't think they were terrible. But because they were from small schools they are sort of unknown.

I'm still not sold on Chris Johnson in the 1st, but I can't argue with his speed and the fact that we desperately need some on offense. He may never be a traditional RB, but put him in the backfield with Vince and defenses have a harder time trying to match up. And I suspect that if Philadelphia had drafted Brian Westbrook in the 1st round they'd have gotten a much worse reaction...

As for Jason Jones, he looks like a good pick. Great size for a DE and maybe can bulk up and play DT on passing downs. Excellent athletic ability. Sounds like he's in the mold of a Kevin Carter, but just more raw.

Part of ESPN grading us down is that they think we need a WR. I'm not sold on that idea, but either way the draft is about getting the best players rather than simply filling needs. I wouldn't give us more than an average grade, but I'd hardly say we had the worst day. I'd give that dishonor to the Texans...

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I want to see how Hemi's new offense impacts the WRs we're currently carrying, I personally think they'll benefit tremendously.

4. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

We will have have our receiver later today. Earl freaking Bennett. Draft him. If we can get him I will start to feel pretty good about this draft

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I know you're upset, but damn bro... I'll just pretend you never said that. How many hours away is the third round? I can't figure out timezones, I'd just like to know how far away it is till I find out who we nab.

EDIT: Thanks Yossarian. :)

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

9 hours and some change from now

9 CST

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wow Jamaal Charles is still available as well as Pat Sims and Dan Connor.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I don't agree with ESPN that we are the biggest losers, but I'm still bummed out. Not so much with the players we picked, but with the spot we picked them at. Just like last year, I feel like we could have traded down and picked the same players and added some extra draft picks that we could have used to move up in the third and fourth rounds. I'm starting to think Reinfeldt has an awful relationship with all 31 GMs.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

And hundred's of Titans fans.(including me)

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm agreeing with Starkiller. Drafting a WR could help us down the line, but what the team needs is a <u>vet</u> WR to help right now. A raw dude strait out of college competing for our #1 WR spot?
    I predicted that our #1 pick would be a RB. We have no depth at that spot. What happens if Lendale goes down? Chris Henry? Lendale is our #1 RB not Johnson. Different situation at RB than at WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar