ESPN Playoff Machine & Titans/Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

I know there's a few playoff threads, but this little toy helps our imagination plug the numbers in without tedious calculations on a piece of paper: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

The most realistic way to the playoffs I see is:

Week 12:
    Titans win Tampa Bay. - Check
    Texans win @Jacksonville. - Check

Week 13:
    Titans win @Buffalo.
    Texans lose to Atlanta.

Week 14:
    Titans lose to NO.
    Texans lose @Cincinnati.

Week 15:
    Titans win @Indy.
    Texans win Carolina.

Week 16:
    Titans win Jacksonville.
    Texans win @Indy.

Week 17:
    Titans win @Houston.

That puts us in 2nd in the division at 10-6 and we'll likely play the Texans in the wild card game which would be fun times. To win the division, we would have to either beat the Saints or the Texans would have to lose to Carolina at home, Indy on the road or Jacksonville on the road. I don't see any of those really happening unless Lienart really sucks.

This has us finishing 5-1, which is not very likely but we do play against beatable teams the rest of the way. Bills in Buffalo may be tough and Texans in houston week 17 will be tough, we should beat Indy/Jax/TB though.

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Im really not trying to be negative, but even if we make the playoffs this team looks like it would be a one and out. There are to many line problems, wr, and our 53m rb struggling. No consistency. Making the playoffs is nice, but I would like the Super Bowl. Im wearing #87 jersey right now!

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Week 14 and 17 will be HUGE.

4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Making the playoffs is never a bad thing, never. So I dont care if we are 1 abd done. But I like our chances against Houston, if that happened.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It would be fun if the final weekend was for all the marbles but I don't see it happening.

It's very possible 9 wins gets a wildcard spot.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 9
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

projecting the cows above 10 Ws, before they play a down without Big Bad Schuab, is pure speculation. They could just as easily collapse.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Cows are where they are because of their run game and defense. As long as they don't have to rely on Leinart's arm, I think they can win out.

BTW: It took me two years to figure out the "A dope trailer is no place or a kitty" line. I started watching TPB on Netflix a couple of weeks back and... BOOM!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The packers were 8-6 at one point last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar