ESPN on McNairs future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

McNair said to press months ago he'd work something out (?renegotiate?) if Titans drafted Young. Big Papa wants to see his boy start off right.

2. maximus

maximus Starter

How do you do that?
    Thats like fighting with the Japanese and Americans during World War II?

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Reebok is the official "outfitter" of the NFL. I suppose he'll do some things for Reebok on behalf of the NFL, however, he'll wear Nike in his off the field appearances and such.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If we can bring LenDale and Young together, we can bring Nike and Reebok together too. But off in the distance, puma and Ralph Sampson lurk silently and smell the weakness.

5. ESPN Radio really sucked hard cheese last night (mid-afternoon for you yanks). Their coverage of the 1st round was O.K, slightly delayed but hey, I live across the pond. However, there 2nd round coverage was bad (in the bad way). I had no idea what was going on from #33 on. I had to rely on my buddies in the chatroom for details.

I feel Mcnair will return, if only for a year or two. The money has to be realistic and he's got to expect to show Young the ropes. Once Mcnair sees the benefit of havng a top 10 pick RB, he'll came back.

Owner and Player Greed Are Killing the Game!!!

6. maximus

maximus Starter

That would violate his contract with Nike. Mike Vick(has a contract with Nike) I have never seen Vick in a Reebok commercial. Sure Vick wears Nike at games and when he has too, but he shoes are Nike.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

It wasn't much different on tv. Except for the idiots they call experts, ESPN presented it the best. They kept a ticker going during the commercials to show who was being picked. I really didn't like the NFL Network's coverage. I thought they spent too much time talking and not enough showing the picks.

8. Pamo9

Pamo9 True Blue Titan Fan

They said Bush signed with Nike and Young with Reebok.....

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Not that anyone cares, but if a player signs an endorsement deal with Nike, they have to wear the reebok stuff (jersey, etc..) on the field, but they may wear any shoes they choose... (or something like that) ... see...

[​IMG]

It's gotta be the shoes...
    That picture is the when he broke his leg...
    it's just the clearest, most obvious image
    I could find of Mike wearing Nike on the field.

Also here is T.O.
    [​IMG]
    I wanted a more recent pic but this may have been taken in the
    modern equipment era (Reebok contract):hmm: I dunno...
    but everybody knows that T.O. and Mike Vick
    have/have had Nike endorsement deals...

Bottom line : Young will wear Nike cleats if he has a Nike deal.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Here is a case of that... found it while I digging stuff up...

this supports what you are saying Maximus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar