ESPN on McNairs future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Just listening in on ESPN during the later part of the round 2 coverage. They are predicting that McNair will become a Raven within 24 to 48 hours!!!! WOW.
    They went as far as to say that the Titans might sign Collins as his replacement.
    I wonder how they have done in some of their other predictions.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I pray they are as wrong as those that swore Houston would never take Williams at #1.

And pray we don't have Kerry Collins in a Titans uni....oh man...no thank you.

3. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Why on earth would they think that? I really think that ESPN thinks if they mention something enough, it will become a reality...That's not really journalism, but I guess it hasn't been in a long time.

4. Laserjock

Mortenson just said that McNair has all but closed the door to the Titans. I don't believe that.

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'm steadily losing respect for ESPN's football analysts. I actually think his chances of returning are greater now we've draft Young.

6. Laserjock

Well..its possible he leaves...he was treated poorly in this IMHO...however I guess I cannot appreciate the competitve fire that these guys must have because if I was him I would take a couple of years at 5M a year and look forward to retiring and enjoying my kids and family.

With the injuries he has been through and the period of "I may retire" that came with them I guess I just don't get his need to go anywhere just to start....but hey...that is also the fire that I love about him and what has made him such an icon for the Titans.

7. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

I agree ESPN continues to stir rumors as a reality and has been quite confident in things such as the draft and other situations that have not been what They had reported, granted it's all only speculation but when supposed "insiders" are saying, this is whats happening it certainly slants things whether it may be true or not...
    I believe (maybe blindly) But I think Mcnair will agree to a new cap number work this thing out and get a new 2 yr deal...
    on the other note, we had a great draft day!!!!
    and no matter what the "experts" at espn say about our chances next this year and what is going to happen right now everyones undefeated and has a shot, we';re no different..

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- they were sure we were taking Leinart. We'll see what happens with McNair now that Young is a Titan.

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Not that you should take this any more serious, but Adam Schefter (aka Capt Obvious - dude never has any real insight) just had a piece on NFL Network saying Mac is going to come back to TN. He said he talked to "Titans officials" this week and they said "no matter what happened on Sat, he'd be back"

10. TitanJames

TitanJames Guest

Adam Schefter says Mac will stay

NFL Network just had a segment with Adam Schefter about Vince and McNair. He said it had been speculated about McNair moving on, etc. but he said Titans officials spoke with him over the last week and virtually assured him that McNair would be back with the Titans.......it said the pick of Vince Young reinforces that notion.

I really think Steve will redo the deal now...they'll let VY wait 2 years and Steve will be the starter/mentor.....

Also said Vince signed endorsement deals with Nike and Reebok...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar