ESPN interview of Ocho Cinco

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anyone see that live interview?

I don't know if it's worth the performance on the field to have that guy in the locker room.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

absolutely not, I've said it many times, when you have someone who creates such distance in the locker room, it doesn't matter how good a player is(ie. Terrell Owens, Pacman, Chad Johnson, Javon Walker, DeAngelo Hall). I believe there is a theme here.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

He mad a valid point, he hasnt been a problem off the field. top wr over the last 5 yrs. id take him

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

What are you talking about? Of course he's been a problem off the field.

If you mean ON the field, then he's also been a problem. Sure, he catches a lot of TDs, but he also routinely yells at his quarterback and coaches at key moments in games. Where are all the Bengals' playoff victories that Chad's great play should be bringing?

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

The only issue I have with him is his celebrating. It's played out. There was a time when it was funny, and emtertaining. Now it's like the joke you keep hearing over and over, not funny at all, or entertaining. His celebrations come off as "see me, I scored, yes I did, me me me". But if that's what it takes to keep him happy, and performing at a top 5 level of WR's in the league, then Dance on Ocho Cinco, Dance on!!

His complaints are valid ones, though his method lacks something to be desired. He is telling the truth, they have been going down hill for 4 or 5 straight seasons. It's time for a coaching change, and he is just short of saying it.

That being said (God I hate that saying it reminds me of Steven A. Smith), I'd take him right here anyday. His celebrating means we are scoring TD's, Hell yes, we need him here.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I thought his interview was hilarious. It's not like the interview showed a bad side of him. He refrained from calling people out and essentially just said he thinks the organization needs change. The way chad talks it almost sounds like marvin lewis is very immature about the whole situation also. It's like two 3rd graders getting in a fight in the national media. I love the way the guy plays the game and a new setting would keep him from going off on teammates and coaches for a while I think.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think it's just a personality problem. Yes, he's a great WR. But players shouldn't publicly criticize the team. It's bad for image and it's bad for the locker room. His frustration and complaining are signs that either he doesn't get it, or he's not mature enough to handle it. He's a physically gifted guy, but his attitude is going to hurt him in the long run.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

boy, Cincinatti's not going to have anyone left at WR

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Oh, that's a real good reason to have him on your football team then! glad we figured out how to keep Chad happy, get him an ace of a QB, a Black head Coach, and make numerous moves in the offseason to improve the team, and just let his cancer spread through and terrorize the entire team. That is all he's good for, there's no doubt he's related to Keyshawn. Fukcing joke.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Chad is all "me" all the time.. All this crap started because a local reporter that he liked called him out about his antics?!. Grow up already..
    Ever watch Chad's YAC? Not very impressive.
    TJ Whosyourmamma just got real valuable in Cincy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar