ESPN Dumps Hank Jr intro for good

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by skitch, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Jesus. Is it that time of the month?

Andy Samberg/Lonely Island would be hilarious. It's not like they'd keep the intro the same every time. And they don't need people watching the entire game to help the ratings. I forget the exact time from a program required to make it to the ratings, but it was like 15 minutes (for a 60 minute show, so maybe 1/4 of the game).

I would love to hear who you think should take the spot? And yes... They have to be a regular. You can't just say a different person every game. As far as Lonely Island, they could bring guys like JT, Bill Hader, etc who are in a lot of their stuff anyways. Just switch it up. I never watched the stupid intro with Hank, but I would with Samberg.

2. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Chill man. Your idea is awesome, and I'm not even a big Lonely Island fan. For the sake of reality, a Disney owned network isn't going to run a General Electric owned SNL mainstay on weekday prime time. That would be like Hitler hosting a Passover dinner. WAIT, NO!

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If I had to guess, I would say Springsteen or Mellencamp or someone of that ilk.

4. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

If you want to keep it down that Country style road , isn't there a guy that used to be on the team that fancies himself as a songwriting Country singing genius ?

You know - the one on the Dolts sideline with the concussion.

That would be interesting .... :wink2: .... then again :sad2:

5. Banger21

Banger21 Camp Fodder

Somebody get Hootie on the horn!!

I'm on the side of Titans fans that don't really care. The Titans don't play a game on there this year and they have yet to have ONE highlight shown during halftime! Titans are tied for the 2nd best record in the NFL...

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I love The Lonely Island. Love them. The Heist is my jam (and if you don't know what song that is, then I guess I'm a bigger fan than you).

Putting them on a football broadcast is just a terrible idea, though.

7. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

This is big news 'round these parts, in this neck of the woods, etc.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

sorry Brad but both of those guys suck :yes:

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Kid rock.. bank it.

10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Were not on this year, so i dont care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar