ESPN Article "One Strong Draft Away"

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Rumor has it that players don't like Schiano. Freeman will never be great he is forever above average with flashes of very good. That secondary is easy pickings and they are banking on that injury prone DL to stay healthy. Doug Martin is hella good but as we have found out a great RB does not ultimately equal success.

2. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I know we have an easier schedule next year, and we should have more talent on Defense to make more games close enough to win. If we have a great draft, I can see us fighting for a 10-6 record. I already posted about it in another thread. Winning 11 or more games next season doesnt seem possible though.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Doug Martin killed it last year, WITH his two Pro-bowl guards injured (Joseph all year & Nicks 9 games)... imagine him running up the middle when they're back.

Nobody likes that coach, he just looks pissed off all the time. He probably makes his players actually work, pros don't like to be pushed. If they start winning they won't care.

The thing with Freeman is he improves. 4065 yards/27 TDs/17 INTs isn't bad. He also had 9 INTs in his last 3 games. If he can tune down his INTs, keep the yards up, and TDs.. he can be a legit QB. It appears he works really hard in the off-season (lost a ton of weight).

That secondary will get better. Hopefully Eric Wright will get healthy. Barron has a year under his belt, and they signed Goldson. Still need two corners as Wright should be in the slot. There LB core is great.

They'll need some pass-rushers, Bowers is going to jail? McCoy had a solid year. Clayborn can't stay healthy. They need to go after a vet FA DE, someone like Dwight Freeney, pickup a 1st round CB, and go DE in the 2nd as well.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

S
    Safties are great but they don't have one competent cornerback. Most of their success will be due to a healthy DL which is a big question mark. If the DL gets banged up CB's will get torched. Freeman is good enough to win so it is really on the Def.

5. NewHorizans

Stafford is WAY ahead of Bradford in my opinion. And while the NFC North is very hard division, the NFC West is worse now. No way Rams make playoffs until they become better than two other teams in that division. I think the AFC is wide open for the taking. On paper, only the Broncos I believe have the talent to say they could win a Super Bowl again the stronger NFC teams. Maybe the Pats too. But thats it right now.

6. xpmar9x

Question is, if you put Calvin Johnson together with Bradford... would Bradford be better?

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

are fries better with salt? is ice cream better with sprinkles? is sex better drunk?

there are a few WR's that can make anyone look good. Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Reggie Wayne

of course Bradford would be better with Calvin

8. xpmar9x

I mean better than Stafford.

Bradford w/ Calvin > Stafford w/ Calvin

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh IDK, I like them both about the same giving Stafford the edge, but mainly for being with Calvin.

Calvin is the most targeted player in football, take him away and I bet Stafford starts looking like Bradford.

10. NewHorizans

Stafford has a stronger arm but Bradford is more accurate. ANY Qb would be better with Megatron. Even Locker. I think Stafford could still win at this point without Calvin, can't say the same for Bradford. Lions O-line is way better than Rams, so that also comes into play when comparing them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar