ESPN 30 for 30: The Fab Five

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GeronimoJackson, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Watched a few episodes from the 30 for 30 series, but this is my favorite, one of the best sports documentaries I've seen, up there with Hoop Dreams. Even if you're familiar with the Fab Five or college basketball in general, I encourage you to still check it out, very captivating stuff.

Here's part 1, all 8 parts are on youtube.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

:( As of next yr Webber will finally be able to speak on UM again. I just hope he doesn't have bad feelings.

Rose trying to get him to re-unite at the Championship was great to me.

Remember being a kid watching these guys. Wore black Nike socks and all when I played because of it.

3. GeronimoJackson

Chris Webber with the Kings was one of my favorite players, he was perfect for that offense, and they had the best team, not just on paper, in 2000 but even Laker fans will admit, although they don't really have much of a choice, the Kings got screwed out of a title that year.

What if Orlando never traded the pick, C-Webb and Shaq, best front-court of all time, multiple championships?

And hah, I'm the only one that still wears white socks when I ball, even when I wear black shoes. But yeah, every baller at the rec and park wears medium Nike black socks now.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The best 30 for 30 episodes in order:
    1. You don't Know Bo
    2. The U
    3. Pony Excess
    4. Who Killed the USFL
    5. Jordan Rides the Bus

5. Deuce Wayne

^Uhh... none of those are The Fab Five... so you did something wrong.

6. Deuce Wayne

-- just watched it all the way through.

It's really weird how much I was influenced by them as a kid. Probably even more-so than Jordan.

Had Jalen's sh** talking, but Webber's smile. Still to this day.

7. GeronimoJackson

It's only fitting they lost in back to back championship games and lost the way they did the second time.

8. Deuce Wayne

Yeah. True.

But as Jalen said - what they did was better. Oddly enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar