Eric Moulds?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No no you got it all wrong! He's the future teacher and mentor of Michael Griffin.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

McCairans.( I think thats how you spell it). Younger than Moulds but I also wouldn't mind having McCardell.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh yeah??!!

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

McCarreins is the best one otu there

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Justin McCareins is no better than a #3 or #4 receiver in the NFL (we've already got plenty of them). He has not shown that he can be a productive receiver at the NFL level.

I can't envisage any cicrumstances where bringing McCareins in would make our team better.

I'm not sure about Moulds. I alwyas liked him as a player and thought Houston made a great signing when they picked him up a year ago. The fact that he didn't pan out down there worries me.

I was all for signing Keyshawn, but I don't think any of the other guys available are "must-signs". I'm inclined to go with what we've got now.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So Moulds was a great signing by the Texans at the time? He was coming off a similar season to Keyshawn last year. Actually Moulds had 81 catches for over 800 yards. So what makes you think Keyshawn wouldn't turn out to be any better than Moulds last year? He would be coming to a team without a great passing game, to a team without a great #1 WR to distract the defense. Moulds went to a team with issues in their passing game both at QB and on the OL. Houston did however have a great #1 WR.

The situation are so similar it isn't funny. Keyshawn was destined to under perform and end up with stats that were no better than Moulds were last year. We all were going to be disappointed.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

But they are very different styles of receivers.

Moulds always has relied on his speed. He is not a great blocker, he gets most of his catches uncontested, by either blowing past DBs or forcing them to give him a cushion and using that to catch passes underneath. When speed guys lose their speed advantage, they decline much more rapidly.

Keyshawn was a great blocker. He made a lot of catches in traffic and relied on his strength to break tackles, his height to win jump balls and his smarts to win body position battles. Those skills will still serve you well when you've lost a step.

Our offense HAS to be run-first. Any veteran WR we bring in needs to fit our offense. I thought Keyshawn would fit our offense much better than Moulds. Simple as that.

It's not ALL about the stats.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

[​IMG]

Sweet! Wish I still had my tele.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

And here it is! [​IMG]

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Naw, GoT had an awesome one once...ask him to post it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar