Eric Moulds , Javon Walker, T.O.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there's some bigger fish about to be in the pond

Moulds wants out
    Walker wants out
    T.O. wants some T.O.

what would you give these guys ?
    I'd say Walker could draw the most for the longest
    Moulds is a 10 year vet but doesn't have as much baggage as :
    Owens ,also a 10 year vet, is explosive in the best and worst ways

I'd rather spend a little more on some #1 caliber guys

that is if these guys actually become available

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Would love Eric Moulds. Underrated WR who I think could mentor the young WR. Problem is how much he would want. Walker would cost to much in terms of $$ and draft picks.

Owens? No way.

3. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

honestly i would take to back to tennessee, he could instantly turn us into superbowl contenders or make us worse. i think we should take a risk and sign him to something worthy of his ability. bring back the man from chantanooga and i dont think hed have a prob with mac at the helm

4. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

In a strange way that makes some sense...we can't get much worse, unlike the Eagles last year, so there is not alot of downside and he really is the only #1 receiver out there...is he even out there yet???? We took a risk with Pacman to fill a need....Reese would only pull a stunt like T.O. if he felt his job was in jeopardy and we needed a playoff appearance next year. According to Adams, that is not the case yet.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Of the three I'd take Walker.

6. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Me too, but he'd cost us a draft pick which we don't have and he's injured.

7. metal957

metal957 Starter

I'm not sure any are worth it. I mean come on look we have three great young WRs. Why take reps and experience away from them. Give it another season and let's then act if no one prove to be a #1.

8. Banger21

Banger21 Camp Fodder

Id welcome ANY of them with WIDE OPEN arms. Mc needs a target in likely his last year with the team, I dont want to see him go out 5-11. They gotta try to make a run in his last year, I like what they've done so far. Just need a WR, Ideally a #1, and figure out what they are going to do at Safety and MLB.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

After reading it a bit and realising to was meant to be T.O, it did make some sense.

10. Nine

Nine Starter

It's not hard to imagine TO giving the offense a whole new dimension, completely changing the complexion of the entire team, and sparking an amazing turnaround in '06, with McNair throwing for 3500 yards, while the newly renovated passing game opens the door to a revitalized running game, with CB and TH combining for 1500+ yards.

But I could just as easily see the Titans getting off to a slow start, T.O. not getting the ball as often as he'd like, and suddenly he's on ESPN talking about how McNair is over the hill and how the coaching staff is sacrificing the team's best interests to keep Mac happy. The younger players start agreeing with him, while the veteran players are on the McNair/Fisher side of the fence, and pretty soon the whole locker room is taking jabs at one another. The season deteriorates into a cut-rate soap opera, Floyd and Fish are fired following a 2-14 season, and come next March, FA's are leaving the organization like rats from a sinking ship. At this point, Bulluck is also fed up, and demands to be traded.

I'll admit...the Titans can't get much worse than they were last year. But they've got some very talented young players on the roster, and from what we've seen so far of their offseason moves (KVB, Thornton, Givens), it certainly appears to be headed in the right direction. Terrell Owens could come in and give it an immediate boost, or he could blow it up beyond repair. And considering the fact that things are truly starting to look up, I think T.O. is simply too volatile to risk the entire team's future on him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar