Enough with the pink penalty flags

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The NFL doesn't give 2 shlts about breast cancer, this is all about capturing female fans.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep. Which is what I came back to say...

Oh! That's right.... marketing. Ding!

3. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Insensitive female fan here
    don't like pink with football and I am getting to dread October
    I wish they could at least tone things back a bit

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Screw anything pink in the NFL. Dumb-idea. The field looks like a box of valentine candy blew up.

They can run commercials for breast cancer awareness ad-nauseum and I'll be just fine - but Oct is the month of black and orange - never pink.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

NFL returns to yellow penalty flags but changes footballs to...

[​IMG]

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Hey why not. MLB does pink bats

[​IMG]

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

"awareness" is a euphemism for "give us more money for operating expenses"

If money and funds are going towards RESEARCH, they should call it just that... that's one thing, but I've got a sneaky feeling that some people are getting very, very rich off of "awareness" campaigns. Just because an organization is non-profit, does not mean that people involved are not making significant chunks of money.

Same with the Livestrong campaign.. "Awareness" Is really a term that irks me.

There are some great people who support Komen, and a lot of survivors. I applaud that, and no disrespect to them at all. But you have to question where all this money goes. Turns out that they are one of the more transparent ones out there, but still, not a ton goes to actual research. 15 percent or so in 2012. So if they aren't dedicating a huge chunk to a cure, why do they call it "Race for the cure?" Should be "Race for Awareness." But that doesn't have the same ring to it. 43 percent was spent on "education." So basically they're throwing events to fund more events, to throw more events, with a side of helping for a cure.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/08/us-usa-healthcare-komen-research-idUSTRE8171KW20120208

If their main goal is to make people aware about Breast Cancer.. Congratulations.. consider it done. Everybody knows that pink equals breast cancer awareness.. Now.. where does the rest of these millions of dollars do?

I do music for a lot of non-profits, (I am admittedly a very small part of the problem) so I wouldn't go saying this on Facebook or anything.. but KNOW what you're donating to. For every 1,000 dollars you raise, you are actually raising 150 dollars for finding a cure, and 850 for other purposes, some good causes, some maybe. not so noble. And some of it goes into paychecks of the employees.

For every thousand dollars donated to a big charity.. there are at least a couple of people with breast cancer trying to make ends meet.. and barely making it due to medical expenses.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I said similar things last year, its a sham, same with the support the troops thing they do.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Those pink bats actually became a problem. Professional batters were so used to the weight of their bats, that just the slight added weight of the paint was enough to throw them off a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar