Enough already! It's mario!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Probably because people are sick of arguing the same thing over and over again with people who just assume they know everything there is to know...

2. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

Vigsted,

Rolltide is right. The stats arent meaningless. He is just misusing them badly....again.

You can use those team stats to see how players did on different teams. You can't really use those team stats to compare individuals' abilities.

Cutler's value is not in his team stats. Its in his abilities. Each of those top 3 qb's is a risk. Young because he might not be able to adapt. Lienart because he may not have a lot of growing room, his arm strength is questionable, and no one knows how he will adapt to adversity. Cutler because no one knows how he will do with better talent. Its just a matter of whats your poison.

As far as Cutler's abilities- I think he compares well to other two, but its all subjective. And thats just the way it has to be. Unless you bring in a bunch of experts to watch and analyze film.

This is how I see the three.

Young
    Strengths- Athleticism, Leadership, intangibles
    Weaknesses- unknowns (reading coverages, adapting to prostyle, etc), mechanics

ML
    Strengths- Leadership, Consistency, Accuracy, Reading defenses, intangibles
    Weaknesses- Arm strength, ability to adapt to adversity(take hits,etc), lack of comparable mobility

JC
    Strengths- Arm strength, Leadership, intangibles
    Weakness- unknowns (how will he do with better talent, how easily can he adapt his mechanics, is his decision making a product of his team- can he adjust)

So to me ML is the surest thing. Then I would say Cutler is less of risk than Young. I would also say Culter has more upside than Lienart. That is my purely subjective opinion.

Then I think such things as how much of gambler are you and what style of offense do you prefer? What style do the titans prefer?

Personally, I would love to see Cutlers abilities tied to Chow's offense and ability to develop qb's. I think Cutler could be something special. But I trust the titan's staff and will be happy with whoever they choose.

The only thing I dont want us to do is not get a qb. I will still trust the fo, but will be dissapointed. I dont think we will be in this position to get a top notch qb for awhile.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

For what it's worth I think taking Cutler at #3 is freakin' insane.
    If you fall back once or twice and take him at #10 or #11, you've hit a homerun with runners on base (loose draft pick metaphor)... that is if Cutler is who you are going after. He sure makes a good plan b when D'Brick is gone (whoops). Passing on Vince Young is not stupid but he really might be something special.
    Yeah... when I think Vandy I think productive qb's:suspect:
    In response to the actual question though...
    I have no earthly idea.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I think the Leinhart is the only sure shoe-in at QB. If he's not there at #3 it's up for speculation as to which direction we would go. Still, I'd be shocked if we didn't take a QB in this years draft.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Cutler might not make it past #4 and the Jets. Trading down past 4 thinking you can still get Cuterl is insane. Besides, it irks me that people think we can just trade down. If we have a willing partner we can but there are about 10 guys in this draft that in many years would be top 5 players. That makes trading with us less likely when they can stay put and still get a quality player. IF somebody wanted to trade with us it would be to get Cutler or Leinart.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Excellant post Prag.
    What we all need to realize is that Chow knows Leinart very well having coached him a couple of years. Chow and the Titans staff got to spend quality time with Cutler at the Senior Bowl and certainly have seen alot of him right here in town. We can argue until we are blue in the face about who has the most ability but surely the coaches have a real good feel on how these two guys compare to each other as well as other NFL QBs and know their value. Heck, they might have Cutler rated higher than Leinart for all we know (or they might have Leinart rated well above Cutler) considering they know both upclose. I trust they will make the right decision.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It was your notion that Young could be this years Rodgers?

Could it just as easily be Cutler? Ten top fives? They might like to take their chances if the have NO SHOT at Matt Leinart because he was gone at #2. At that point drafting Jay Cutler #3 overall? I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. :drool: Maybe that makes it safe. Who really wants Cutler anyways besides the Vanderbilt gotitans.com forum members, their friends and families...? :ha: Everybody and their brother would want to have Reggie Bush.

The Jets could assume David Carrs contract (it's just been shaped up) and the Cows could pick Young 1st overall plus get super mega rich picks... how insane is that? Well, it's not likely anyways.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2006-02-28-cutler-stock_x.htm

Seems like a few people besides "Vanderbilt gotitans.com forum members, their friends and families...?" like Cutler.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Prag...

Again with a lineup of intangibles that can't be measured and again you could'nt do anything that is any more than YOUR opinion.

You said i "misused" stats. How prag? All i did was put some numbers up for people to see. I didn't even offer much in the way of conclusion. Tell me how i misused them? Omar jacobs had a season where he threw 41 TDs a MAC record and in that year only had 4 ints. Is that good or bad? Does it have any relevance to how he might do as a pro? Are there any stats that you can use better to elighten us?

I'l be waiting.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maycock is god!

Whatever he says is got to be right. His track record is awesome!

Oh, what would happen if cutler was picked by the saints? Mayock has young 9th and lineart 10th on his big board. And it is a BIG BOARD!. Do you members of the we have to take a QB club suddenly become kiper fans since he has lienart 2nd and young 5th?

I want the titans to take the best player but for some reason that makes me some sort of criminal.

Note to sec, there have been productive vandy QBs i looked it up. Something that 99% of the posters don't do before spouting their opinions. I never said that vandy was a QB factory and you know damn well i didn't say that. Greg zolman threw for 2512 yards and 14 tds before cutler got there and he almost led vandy to a win over florida.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar