Enough already! It's mario!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He lists them by how HE thinks they will project at the next level. Not at what spot he believes they will be drafted. It's usually one in the same, but every now and then a talented player gets passed on because he doesn't fit a system or there is no need at that spot (or the GM is just bad). Likewise, a less talented player can be taken higher for the opposite reasons. I don't see how that is his fault...

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That's his big board. But he also does mockdrafts where he predicts where the players will be drafted. And he's no better than everyone else at that.

His big board that just list the best players regardless of where they will be drafted is pretty solid, but then again it's not like anyone else really has a different belief. Except that Mayock thinks Cutler is the best quarterback.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Visteg...

Who cares about predictions of what team a guy will be drafted by? I only care about our team. Mock draft predictions become more difficult the later you go in the draft. In the case of aaron rodgers you had a guy who was once thought of a the first pick who fell to 24th and nobody predicted that.

The real point is that mel kiper thinks that there are 14 players who are better prospects than cutler. 2 will be off the board when we pick meaning that according to him there will be 12 better players. According to the great blue north there will be 7 better prospects. According to nfl draft countdown there will be 13 better prospects when our pick comes.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I couldn't care a flying flip where Kiper, Great Blue North, Pro Football Weekly, Joe Bob Billy's Draft Hoedown Express, etc. have the players ranked. The only draft rankings I care about are Reese and Co. They know more than these "experts". Period. Unfortunately you can't run to Kroger and get "Reese's Rankings" or "Fisher's Fantasy Draft Predictions", but needless to say, at #3 the chances that we get someone in the top 3 of thier board is very, very good.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

RollTide, again you miss the point. Even if everyone agreed on Kiper's rankings, you don't always draft based BPA. Let's say Matt Leinart was rated the 5th best prospect and he was there with Mario Williams, who was rated #3. Who do you pick in Titans situation? The best rated player or the best player for your team?

Now we don't know how the FO rates players and we don't know what they consider needs either. But they might just pick someone like Cutler, even if he's not the highest rated prospect available, if they feel he's the best quarterback they have a shot at in years without selling the farm in trades to get another one.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Williams would be more tempting IF we had not signed KVB. Hawk might be more tempting IF we had not signed Thornton. We need a QB.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vol titan......visted

Based on what you just said we have no damn business even discussing these matters. All we can do is speculate based on what others are saying and mel kiper is as close as we can get to having the ear of an nfl gm.

Looking at the history of how reese has drafted does he seem like the type of guy who makes wild decisions? Major reaches? He wouldn't even take moss 15th and he was the most gifted WR prospect ever.

Visted, It makes far more sense to trade up for lienart if he truly is 2nd on our board rather than reach 5, 7 9 spots for cutler just because he is a qB. Of course in the middle of all this is vince young who is still rated higher than cutler than almost every sensible ranking.

You are getting old with this "you miss the point" crap. I understand completely what you are saying. It might be ok to reach a couple of spots for a QB but i'll be damned if we should reach very far when we have a possible julius peppers sitting there.

You are so hyped up on cutler you want to try and bend and shape the scenario to fit us drafting him. Maybe he is not worth drafting that high and mario williams is, or dbrick, or hawk. Cutler sure didn't tear it up in the senior bowl and i read that his accuracy at the combine was mediocre.

Let's wait and see how the QBs do at some of these pro days and workouts.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'd love to have another speed rushing end

but I'd rather have a QB
    and I think I've lost all care whether it's a guy that already knows the system - or a guy that can make disasters turn into points - or the guy that reminds you of a reckless Brett Favre

the overall view here is that there is far less talent available to us at QB in the 2nd round than there is DE talent

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and on Cutler ....
    once he learns read and recognition properly, he'll be special

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What an opportunity..

What a golden opportunity we have drafting 3rd. Aside from 2 players we have our pick of the entire draft but so many want to force feed us this certain player because they happen to like him. I can't think of a bigger mistake.

Assuming bush and lienart are off the board we will have our choice of a terrific OT prospect, an exceptional DE prospect, a safety or a linebacker. You guys don't like kiper but i'll mention him anyway because he now has huff ahead of hawk. But hey what use could we have for a stud safety. Nah. Got to draft cutler hell or high water.:sad2:

What if reese thinks that deangelo williams is going to be another LT? Would drafting him be a greater reach than cutler?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar