Enough already! It's mario!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I've pretty much accepted the fact that we're gonna take a QB with the #3 pick.

I just hate that the year we HAVE to take our future QB just happens to coincide with one of the more "elite" top ends of the draft in recent memory. I would kill to have Hawk, Mario, D'Brickashaw, or Mike Huff on our team. I'd like the year we took a QB to actually be the year when the QB is the BPA left on the board, and I'm not sure you can say that this year...

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Likewise I could point out that Mike Mayock works for NFL Network as a draft expert as a living. And someone else could find a "draftexpert" who has Young as the #1 prospect.

The point is, none of that matters. If a team, for instance the Titans, believe a given quarterback can be their future franchise quarterback, you don't pass him up because there's a DE or LB rated a little higher.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

williams is an animal of a man, but with all of his size/speed, he never produced like i thought he would. he only had 24 career sacks.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

No, that's about 2 tenths slower than what those guys ran.

My problem was he was pretty erratic in college. I don't know if that's just a motor thing or what, but it's the concern with him. If we didn't have KVB coming back, I'd be much more inclined to want to draft Mario.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mike mayock? Who the f is that?

You compare that moron to mel kiper? Mel kiper is more in line with what nfl GMs think than any other talking head. Mike mayock has lienart 10th. He is absolute moron! Is this guy in love with cutler or something? Note that he has young well off of third.

Of course cory chavous is a genius. He has reggie mcneal #1. A fromer vandy guy no less, yikes!

I can do better than those guys

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

RollTide, have you ever had an argument where you didn't evade your opponents points consistently?

And that Mel Kiper is more in line with what NFL GM's think is open for debate. I personally think he's way overrated. And then he goes on to say it's obviously the GM's who got it wrong if they don't pick who he predicts...
    In 2005 he had 8 out of 32 right, not exactly spectacular. In comparison Scouts Inc. went 13/32:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2041659

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he's the guy who called aaron rogers going to the pack.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Sure beats predicting the Bucs picking him....

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

There are a ton of draft experts. The best expert doesn't always get the most right, obviously. It doesn't really matter anyway. I think we can all agree that Kiper is not usually wrong by much. Rodgers was an exception.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well the criteria for being an expert must be to consistently get more right answers than anyone else. Unfortunately I can't find a whole lot of previous Mocks by Kiper, only his 2005 and 2004 from January, which probably was only a rough draft (and horribly wrong).

If anyone has ESPN Insider it would be cool to see Kiper's previous Mocks. My gut feeling is that he fares no better than most others.

Edit:
    Heh, just stumbled on this 2001 article by Gregg Easterbrook (aka TMQ)
    http://www.slate.com/id/104479
    Look for the section on Mel Kiper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar