Enough already! It's mario!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

And he has had a good career, but he hasn't dominated like, say Julius Peppers. Mc9 was still the right choice.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Williams vs peppers...

Better tell momma to warm up some milk. You guys will need it after you see this..

Part one:

Peppers(2002) vs williams(2005)...combine stats

Peppers was listed at 6'7 283 lbs........williams at 6'7 295

Peppers 4.75 40...............williams 4.66 40

Peppers 24 reps of 225 lbs...williams 35 reps

Peppers 36 1/2 inch vertical jump.....williams 40 1/2 inches

Any questions?
    ---------------
    Part 2

Yes i know williams is just a great workout guy right? Didn't get it done on the field?

Peppers final season at north carolina..63 tackles....9.5 sacks....19 tackles for loss

Williams final year at NC state...62 tackles.....14 sacks.....24 tackles for loss..

Same conference same level of opposition.

Note: The 14 sacks 24 tfl numbers are the offical NC state team stats from 2005. Some sources have him with 13.5 and 23.5 which is why you see 2 different numbers on the net.

We have to appreciate how extraordinary this guy is. 6'7 guys hardly never do well in the bench press because of their long arms but williams finished in the top 5 for the whole combine.

3. Carpy

I stand corrected.

I am surprised by Peppers 40 time and I must have been looking at Williams sack numbers from 2004.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Why do you think Williams couldn't get big sack numbers anyways ? Strength is just as much a factor as speed...

Did you ever watch Reggie White or Michael Strahan play ?

5. Carpy

So is intensity and instinct. I remember reading a pre-season publication on Williams that questioned his instincts and his intensity and based on his production to that point, they seemed legitimate concerns.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Better not be after we LOSE a Superbowl, this time. :irked:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Right now on espn they are talking about Mario Williams going at #1.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

RollTide, I don't question his amazing stats, but the thing that I've heard about him is that he's "streaky". I forget the numbers, but of his career sacks, they came in a small number of games. There were big gaps where he wasn't productive. He's certainly got all the potential to be amazing. The question is, can he be consistent at the next level. I think a big part of deciding whether or not to pick him would be from interviews and personality analysis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar