Enough already! It's mario!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lets cut the crap about young or cutler. The best player with that third pick is mario williams bar none!

This is not a little puny kearse or freeney guy. This guy is freakin 6'7 295 lbs! He benched 225 lbs 35 times! More like kevin carter right? But he runs a kearse-freeney 40 @ 4.66. If new orleans really did sign a drew brees they will be the ones drafting this guy.

If lienart and bush are off the board this is the guy!

The more i think of it williams-dbrick-hawk should all be considered ahead of young and cutler. Hawk has been popping some eyes with his workouts as well.

Why take a chance with a possible maybe when there is a bad a$$ player staring us in the face? Imagine williams on the left side shorig up our strong side running game and KVB on the weak side. Haynesworth and starks inside and maybe a witherspoon or thornton added to the linebacking corps? Once again a kick butt titan defense. In the meantime we deal la-boy for a third rd pick. It all seems so clear now!

2. The problem with Mario is his motor. He apparently isn't a very high intensity player. Physically, he's all that. But How many guys have we seen who are physically domination but still don't pan out? I've heard the comparisons to Courtney Brown.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

So how do you propose ever getting a "bad a$$" quarterback? Always signing other teams has-beens?

I would postulate that the statistical chances of getting a good to great DE (or LB for that matter) in later rounds is much higher than it is for the quarterback position. Sure you can gamble on finding a Drew Brees in the second, or Tom Brady in the seventh, but don't hold your breath.

Does that mean I think we should draft Young or Cutler no matter what? Of course not, but the FO see enough in them to think they can develop into future stars, then you should pick them above the others, even if the others have a 100% guarantee of success (which they don't).

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

There is no such thing as a sure thing in the draft. Period.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Yup, no sure thing.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

The talent at DE is pretty deep in this draft anyways. There's Williams, Lawson, Hali, Kiawanuka,Tapp, Dumerville, Haralson etc. We could get a fairly good DE in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th if we want. And still, LaBoy wasn't all that bad this year. (6 1/2 sacks)

7. danny

danny Guest

Washburn could/would get in his face and do more than motivate him. In college, he may not have had the same type of motivator. I'm starting to get on Rolltide's bandwagon. Williams would be "instant defense". The corners would be that much better. Reese and Fisher may be playing the QB questions up to the media but don't you think Fisher is gushing at the thought of having Williams and Vanden Bosch collapsing the pocket around Manning ? Hell, that combo could even make Schwartz look like he knew what he was doing.

8. danny

danny Guest

The big battle in the war room the year the Titans drafted McNair was Fisher wanted Kevin Carter and Reese wanted McNair. If Williams is still on the board at #3, don't anyone fool themselves that Fisher isn't trying to lobby for Williams...

9. I don't know if Washburn could turn him around or not, intensity-wise. Maybe he can. And he could well be a stud.

That said, I'd just assume take a franchise QB at #3 if any of them grade out and are available. The only way to get one is to draft him.

10. danny

danny Guest

Granted, I'd love to have a great young QB to groom. The Ravens won a Super Bowl with a superb defense, solid running game and Trent Dilfer. The Steelers did the same thing this year with a second year QB. Fact of the matter is the Titans will win more games sooner than later and be in better contention for a title if they build that defense first. Williams would be a huge piece to the puzzle. The Titans draft a QB, he sits for at least a year, the Titans lose more games and have a chance at Brady Quinn who they won't need at that point because the guy the Titans draft this year will be just pulling the splinters out of his rear end and getting a chance to get on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar