End the debate (Collins vs. Young)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

The optimist in me wants to believe there is not a problem here, but the pessimist in me just wonders at this point...

As for limping noticeably on Thursday... Remember when you were a kid and you really didn't want to go to school on a cold rainy snowy morning (I live in the NE), and you suddenly had a scratchy throat and a dry hacking cough as you walked into your moms room and told her you didn't feel well enough to g to school that day ?

Just sayin' a noticeable limp is a pretty easy injury to over emphasize if you are feeling like your coach hasn't got your back or you just aren't feeling like you want to risk injuring yourself any further.

Again, none of us truly know what is going on inside the practice facility and specifically what dynamic is at work between Fisher and Young, but i just can't help wondering what is going on inside Vince's head as far as exhibiting leadership with regard to this team and perhaps how Fisher perceives Vince's commitment to this team and winning.

After watching guys like Brady, Rivers, Brees, and Manning lead by example by playing through injuries, and lead with fiery intensity (I've never loved Brady much for obvious reasons - i.e. I wish I was him lol - but last night he was awesome the way he was fired up) I just don't ever see Vince being that kind of guy and those guys WIN and win championships. If Vince was milking this in any way and telegraphed that to Fish well... As much as I want the guy to succeed and be our QB the next few years, that would pretty much seal the deal for me as far as wanting to move on.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

FIRST of all I'd like to laugh at DBC for saying KFC would get to test drive our shiny new toy first, he DIDN'T because he sucks! Vince actually was the first to complete a pass to Moss, so haha-HA!

In reality Vince is the better everything. But in the Dolphins lose, they were very alike unfortunately. On 1st down Kerry was 3/8, Vince was 2/7. On 2nd down Kerry was 2/7, Vince 3/6. And on 3rd down they were both 4/6. The obvious difference was Vince's score, and turnover. He was up and down in the 2nd half, whereas Kerry was pretty even keel, but he was plain bad the whole half. And also Vince's ability to scramble helped a little. But not enough.

In Vince's defense, if Brett Favre had John Elway backing him up, he'd have probably sat a game here and there. Same with other "warriors" as we're calling them. But when you have a backup supposedly around your same abilities it's easy to get the rest.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I still think we shoulda drafted Colt McCoy to back up Young.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Collins will miss "several weeks" Fisher said today in his press conference.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Jeff Fisher seen crying in a corner shortly before the press conference because his boyfriend won't see the field for the rest of the season.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nice. Getting Moss, losing Collins... I'd say we did alright this week.

Now if only Bo Scaife could fall down a flight of stairs, we'd be set.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I wish Fisher would miss several weeks.:)

8. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Now that was funny ! Sad that I actually feel some degree of desire to support that second statement... :wink2:

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

First time in a long time i actually lol'd at a post.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I was watching NFL Network when they announce this.. First thought is "JC Brave will be stoked".
    I'm on this site too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar