End of the First Quarter: Grade the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Coaching= D-
    Offense= C
    Defense= B+
    Special Teams= LOL

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

Qb- b
    Rb- d
    Wr- c
    Oline- d
    Dline- b+
    Lbs- c
    Dbs- d
    Coaches- c
    Overall- c-
    If mccourty and walker had been healthy the whole year we'd be 3-1 and grade out a b, imo. Those are two big hits for this team.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We still have only 21-points scored in the first m
    Thats pretty close to what I was thinking.

Coaching gets a C- from me tho, Whiz is stringing together nice drives half the game, now if only he could figure out the games are 4 quarters long

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I really can't fault the defense too much. Yeah they've given up a few big plays but most defenses have. It's just the nature of the game. They've done their job in every single game, aside from maybe @CLE. Overall that side of the ball has really surprised me. We are miles ahead of where we were last year.

If this offense learns how to finish drives they'd get a B/B+ from me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

FWIW Titans rank dead last in 1st quarter points over the last 3 games...

Once I see us come out hot again like week-1 I will have way better things to say about this offense.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

We had them both and still got burnt deep. I doubt McCourty makes that big of a difference

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah it's our offense holding us back. Dick l has done a good job

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The more I think about it, the less I think this team is that much improved over the one which started 1-3 last year.

Those losses last year at the 1/4 mark were to Indy, Dallas and Cincinnati—three playoff teams.

Last year, the injury bug made a bad team even worse. I'm optimistic things get better this season if the team stays relatively healthy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

D

I'd give it an F if it wasn't mariota. These last two home games are like getting your heart cut out with a spoon. And we lost to manziel, that's gonna be in the records like when we lost to spurrier.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Competition was no doubt much tougher last year. Still, I can't agree this isn't a much improved team. A handful of execution erros and bad playcalls are the reason we aren't 3-1 right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar