Eddie vs CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 16, 2011.

?
  1. Eddie George

45 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Chris Johnson

33 vote(s)
    42.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

In the future, I hope CJ gets back to running a few back. He did not do as well last season. he still did pretty good I suppose but it did not help the team IMO.

Eddie was a little frustrating to watch if you like long runs.But with Fisher run teams, 3 to 4 yds consistently help win games. When he carried the ball on 3rd and short, you just expected to get 1st down, which he did often.

The line has to be different for CJ to do well, and I don't think it is at this point. I also think CJ should be more involved in the passing game if he would learn how to catch a screen pass.

Lets hope his skills are not wasted on bad play calls and inferior offensive line this season. That line has lost some of its luster recently, maybe we can get it back.

2. pettso

pettso Starter

Yes, lets blame CJ for our failures in coaching, defensive play and quarterback play. Sounds pretty fair to me.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Two completely different backs in two different eras. During Eddie's golden days, rushing for a 1000 yards was actually an achievement, especially when you have to face 52 in his prime, twice a year. But late in Eddie's career, he was just as fustrating to watch as CJ was last year...too much dancing around in the backfield instead of hitting a hole. I just hope CJ isn't wearing down already, though he's tougher than he gets credit for, and he's very capable of breaking tackles.

As for who I rather have, before 2000, give me Eddie all day with CJ stealing a few carries. Now I'll take CJ with Eddie as his back up. Greedy much? Meh.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Ginger or Mary Ann?

They are both awsome, but totally different

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

For me it's Eddie, but i could be just a bit biased though lol. The thing i like about eddie is how humble he is off the field, he is one of the most down to earth and laid back athletes ive ever met. He was a monster and a beast on the field but one of the most polite off. You could walk up to him on the street and he would talk to you like long time buds

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

23 guys ran for 1000+ in the 2000 season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

2 completely different backs. Eddie was nowhere near the best power back ever... CJ may end up the best speed back ever. Eddie will never sniff the HOF. CJ is on pace for first ballot. It's hard to say 'Oh, I'd take Eddie over CJ' because we know how his career played out and we have no idea what will happen with CJ. Based on just raw talent alone, it's not even close.... CJ blows him away. If I needed 1 yard and the defense knew he was getting the ball, I take Eddie.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You never know. I would think he'd reach the Hall of Fame eventually. He's what... #22 all time in rushing yards? That's pretty damn good.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Nah. Eddie, Steve and Wycheck all belong in the Hall of Very Good. As much as I'd like to see those guys get in, there's no way.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed, but I would add another very

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar