Eddie vs CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 16, 2011.

?
  1. Eddie George

45 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Chris Johnson

33 vote(s)
    42.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Now, I'm just confused.

Obviously everything you said in the above post is 100% fact.. and I, of course, agree with what you've just said. However, this isn't what I've been saying, at all.

Jamal Lewis had a better season than tons of running backs. Does that make him better than all of them?

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

No, but it makes him better than Eddie George.:clown::ha:

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

One year doesn't make someone better than a solid career.

Is Jamaal Lewis better than CJ because of one game or season?

4. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

This is what bothers me with the Titans fanbase. It's as if a player who isn't blue collar with their approach & personality isn't good. That's shallow. It's more about being professional. Would you argue that CJ isn't a professional?

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

That is not why IMO...When CJ stops the press conferences whining about not going to the Pro Bowl, or talking about how good he is (both of which I consider NOT PROFESSIONAL), he may score some more points with me. It has nothing to do with his on air abilities/inabilities to speak.

So far in the limited amount of opportunities to show up "when it counts", CJ, for whatever reason, has not. We can argue why that is, and I am not saying I have a position on why, but it is what it is. Eddie, on the other hand, did show up time and again. That is the difference in my book at this point.

Now if/when CJ shows out "when it counts" (which hopefully may happen again soon) I may change my opinion. It just has not happened to this point.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

thats not the question. You seem to think the question is which runningback has a better career. The question is: Who is the better runningback?

I'm interpreting that as in their prime who was/will be better, and CJ is head and shoulders above Eddie George. And once his playing career finishes out he'll have dominated him over the course of his career as well.

and the 2003 Jamal Lewis is/was one of the best runningbacks I've ever seen, and yes Jamal Lewis had a better career than Eddie George.

You guys seem to think you have to play 13 seasons and rack up 11,000 yards to be a great runningback. CJ isn't going to have that type of career because hes a small speed back. So when I read, "Who is the better runningback", I'm thinking in their prime who would you rather hand the ball off too. And my answer is CJ so I can watch him run 80 yards for 6.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well if that's the question. And we're not using any sort of logic...

Chris Johnson is better than an old non-playing Eddie George.

He's also better currently than the dead Walter Payton.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Did you fail reading class or something??

Or do you honestly think Eddie George is in his prime athletic shape today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar