Eddie vs CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 16, 2011.

?
  1. Eddie George

45 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Chris Johnson

33 vote(s)
    42.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Nice block by VY. :D

Call Houston, show 'em the tape along with the OT run in 06, tell them Schaub can't block like that. VY for Schaub, get 'er done, Reinfeldt!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd hope so. I doubt we could ever say "you think Eddie George tried that season?"

He claimed he was going to get 2500... I sure hope he tried after saying something that stupid.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

2010, A supposed bad year for CJ would be considered one of Eddie George's best seasons..Case Closed.

The other dude said it best, Eddie was better for Fishers retarded offense, but CJ is by far the better back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. MikeyDay

MikeyDay Clutch like a stick shift

Eddie may not of but he would still get his 2-3 yards a carry either way. lol i loved Eddies fire but he wasnt a playmaker game in and game out. Give CJ a good line and he will have a big play or four every game. He did it with a pretty good one for his 2000 yard season.

As for the 2500 yard prediction, that would make him mouthy not sucky. I dont think no one expected for the teams dropoff like that. CJ didnt dropoff he just didnt have a line. Plus no passing game so the lines stacked with all 11 defenders.. NO ONE could run thru that.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

but the Titans had the best QB in the NFL for a big chunk of the season so how was ther no passing game :sarcasm:

6. GeronimoJackson

Illuminati.

7. Deuce Wayne

Case closed?

Look, I couldn't care less about Eddie or CJ as they're both crazy overrated... but..

It's a different era for RBs. Back then it was impressive to get a 1000 yard season. Now, every average back in the league gets 1000. Good backs get 1500... wasn't the case back then.

In Eddie's favor: He actually pounded the ball. He didn't have the wide open holes CJ either hits for big gains.

Sorry, but any good scatback in the league could do what CJ does behind our offensive line.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

17 backs rushed for 1000+ yards last season, 23 ran for 1000+ in 2000. 14 in 2009 vs 14 in 2001, etc..

Stop making things up, or don't waste my time with a response..

9. Deuce Wayne

I don't really care. Those of us that have watched football for longer than 10 years know the standard has clearly changed.

1000 yards used to be an accomplishment. Now it's acceptable...nothing else.

You seem like a new fan though. Going by the CJ + Cam Newton thing.

10. GeronimoJackson

That's because two backs are used more and more these days.

2000 was Eddie's last good year and was already slowing down, right about when "The Greatest Show on Turf" arrived which changed the game...linebackers got smaller and are used in coverages now.

Eddie also played in a time when you were actually allowed to hit somebody.

During Eddie's first four years, the league's average for YPC were 3.8, 4.0, 4.0, 3.9. The last four years: 4.1, 4.2, 4.2, 4.2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar