Eddie vs CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 16, 2011.

?
  1. Eddie George

45 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Chris Johnson

33 vote(s)
    42.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It does apply to every running back in the league... That's why it's not surprising that he got half of his yards after contact.

He is one of the best, if not the best in the league.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You guys are comparing Humvees and Lambos

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

YAC is skewed by jukes and misses.

Basically... contact doesn't even need to be made in order to get 'YAC'...

And if you think Chris 'I fall when someone touches my shoe' Johnson is really breaking more tackles than every other back in the league- you're off your rocker.

Homerism is one thing... but wow.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Both of these players played for my favorite team...so how is that being a homer?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Homerism is what causes a man to say he'd seriously take Eddie George over CJ. Eddie George is my favorite football player of all time. He was cut from the mold of Braveheart and Alexander the Great. But CJ is just better. CJ is one of the most freakish athletes in the world.

Haterism is what causes people to complain about CJ. I don't like him personally. He drives a ridiculous car, he cares about himself more then the team and he's not marketable because of his gold grill and lack of ability to produce good sentences. All of that aside, on the football field the dude is a MONSTER and a TITAN...therefore my favorite player and without a doubt one of the best, if not the best, in the league.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

would be nice if he could finish a home PO game though

7. MikeyDay

MikeyDay Clutch like a stick shift

Kinda hard when the opposing team tries to break u in half

8. MikeyDay

MikeyDay Clutch like a stick shift

Hell naw u are tripping son.. seriously though do u really think CJ tried last year? Hell the team didnt try. CJ is clearly better. His stats are better, hes a playmaker, ppl make it a atrocity bcuz hes a speedback. What is with that? You cant knock a player based on his built. CJ may not be big but he lead the NFL in broken tackles when he had his 2000 yard season. He had 20 more broken tackles then AP did that yr. I think people need to stop bumping his size and comparing him to average speedbacks career spans, and look at what hes doing now. To most he had a bad yr last yr yet still put up good numbers, obviously CJ is that good to u guys if u call last yr a bad yr bcuz hes capable of much more since hes proved it. Our oline sucked, no passing game bad coaching.. yet put up pro bowl numbers. IJS.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Eddie George was better for the style of football that Jeff Fisher wanted to play but if Johnson is use correctly moving forward (i.e. getting oppertunities in space and having a second power back take 10-15 carries from him a game) I see him ending up in Canton. CJ is a once in a lifetime kind of talent and as good as George was CJ is IMO entering the conversation as one of the elites at his position.

Also while not on the same scale I think this is similar to the Sanders/Smith debate that Cowboys fans want to throw at people.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Alright, we are all Titans fans and we generally think of the Eddie George era as the glory years. That scores Eddie some bonus points. We are generally down on the Titans right now, and that deducts some points from CJ.

I performed a bit of an independent study from co-workers yesterday (knowledgeable football fans, different backgrounds, no Titans diehards) regarding Eddie George.

Who were the top running backs in the NFL from say 1995-2000?
    1. Redskins diehard, not from TN -- Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Terrell Davis, Marshall Faulk.
    2. Bucs diehard, TN native -- named the same 4 guys and threw in Edge and said Warrick Dunn was the most underrated.
    3. Casual Chargers fan, lived all over -- named the same 4, added Jerome Bettis
    4. Cowboys homer, TX native -- Emmitt, no one else really compares. Terrell Davis, Bettis, and "that guy from the Falcons" (Jamal Anderson). Barry Sanders was really overrated and I never liked Faulk.

What about Eddie George?

1. I remember hearing about him pretty regularly, but really don't know much about his career. He was pretty good, wasn't he?
    2. He was pretty good, but not in the same category as the other guys.
    3. I only remember him getting knocked out and fumbling in the playoffs.
    4. He was terrible on the Cowboys. Overrated.

I could be wrong, but I think CJ will be more highly regarded in 10 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar