Eddie vs CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 16, 2011.

?
  1. Eddie George

45 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Chris Johnson

33 vote(s)
    42.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wow what a glowing endorcement! You must be his publicist!

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

are you really this dense? I have proven, a year or two ago, that EG was a yard grabbing FD machine. Didn't make negative plays ect. Not gonna research the thread but I took the time to 'prove' to you these exact points. You even high fived me ect....

Oh and the correct analogy would be either

Mule vs Throughbred
    or
    Junk Yard Dog vs Purebred

If you will recall I used Football Outsiders to prove that EG was an outstanding RB even with the less than HoF ypc. I still say if EG had not went insane and signed with 'da boyz' he would probably still be the Titan short yardage back.

AFAIK he has not yet filed his retirement papers - lol

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Once again- it's just something I threw out.

I don't know which is better.

Eddie George was much better when it came to consistency. I'd rather have that, honestly. And he could break a tackle or 2.

And I hated on Eddie more than anyone his last 3 seasons here.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

eddie had a few great years and decided to run home with his millions.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no denying that. Even shut down his restaurant - 27 Club I think it was called.

He would have been an institution in Nashville, but he choosed to be whatever he is in Columbus instead. His life, and yeah his wife is not that pretty, but I bet their kids are HUGE!

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

In his first three years CJ has more yards then any of Eddies 3 seasons combined and 1 less TD then Eddies three best seasons combined. You can't add up any three years of Eddie's entire career to get the numbers that CJ has put up in his first three years. Eddie was better at getting one yard, definitely. CJ has WAY more upside though and could potentially crush records. Anyone who says they'd start their franchise with Eddie is biased. Ask some non-Titan fans what they think and see what the results are.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

1,080 of CJ's 2,006 yards were yards after contact...

Does that qualify as breaking a tackle or 2?

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

How many of those yards were from actual broken tackles and not from him zipping through a hole as a defender's hand grazes his jersey?

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Exactly, almost every run you're going to have some contact before or while crossing the LOS. If not then, then shortly after.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Does that argument not apply to every runningback in the league??? Think about what your saying..We're dogging CJ because defenders can barely touch him, but Eddie George gets the upper hand because he was bigger and slower and easier to tackle??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlgAhyWH600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-OCzmg_pr8

3 Chargers touched him on that play^^

This is ridiculous to say CJ didn't break tackles, he led the LEAGUE in yards after contact, he had a 1000 yard season off YAC ALONE.

Eddie George couldn't even get 1000 yards off 315 carries!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar