Eddie vs CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Feb 16, 2011.

?
  1. Eddie George

45 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. Chris Johnson

33 vote(s)
    42.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is a no-brainer to me. I'd take Eddie all day. He was a leader, a guy not afraid of anyone, a guy who got right up in Ray Lewis' face and talked **** to him. CJ is not a leader. CJ cannot push the pile forward. CJ cannot stiff arm anyone. CJ is a homerun hitter who, unfortunately, strikes out more than he hits homeruns.

Eddie completely wore down the defense that by the 4th quarter the game was ours for the taking. CJ can't do this.

Look at stats and you'll take CJ. Understand how the game works and how 3.5 yards on a consistent basis, driving the pile forward, stiff arming chumps, and getting in defenders faces is more important and you'll take Eddie.

If you truly think CJ is better, I want to hear a great explanation because I haven't heard one yet. My friends like to compare YPC and base everything solely on that, while I'd take Eddie's 3.5 YPC over CJ's 5.0 YPC all day.

I honestly find it strange that this is even a question that needs to be asked and that I'm outnumbered by a bunch of fools that are my friends, but hopefully the votes go my way in this one.

PS this isn't an anti-CJ thread, so don't take it to be one.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Eddie.

But Eddie did have some great O-linemen including Matthews, Olsen, Piller, Runyan, Fred Miller, Hopkins etc. when they were all at the top of their game. Roos at his best does not hold a candle to Hopkins in his prime, I believe.

But Overall, Eddie was much less frustrating to watch. And just seemed like a smarter person with a better attitude about the game. I miss him and his wife which looks like him with makeup and a wig on.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Honestly I would have to go with Eddie for the simple fact of consistency.

That's the hardest part building your team around CJ... you never know when he is gonna have a string of negative to no yard carries to average out the long ones.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Too bad a vintage Eddie/CJ tandem isn't an option.. Break out the damn rings..

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That's like asking whether you like a four-wheel drive pickup vs a sports car. Both get you where you want to go but do it differently. What makes one better than the other is the situation. 3rd-and-one? I go Eddie. 3rd-and-four, I like CJ.

If CJ has a career as long as Eddie's, he'll blow him away. But that's a long time away.

6. RavensShallBurn

CJ is on pace to shatter all sorts of records... a pace that will end once he loses the speed in a couple of years.

And I disagree that both get you where you want to go. I want to go to the damn Super Bowl and CJ ain't taking us there. Eddie did.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The Jury's still out on that one. His two best rushing years we have been out of the playoff picture (which is part of the reason for his gaudy numbers). But when he is given a yin to his yang we seem to have good success. (but also the defense is a factor, as always)

I think a major point this offseason should be to work on his hands. He is too athletic to be just a ball carrier. They need to get him more receptions. That's one area he has not excelled in. People compared him to Westbrook or Faulk, but he is not there yet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CURRAN-12

CURRAN-12 The New Titan

I chose cj only because he is the better individual player statistically. Now of you asked me who id rather have on my team Eddie George in his prime all day because he was more well rounded.
    Cj can get physical though thats for sure and he plays through injuries.. Plus cj hasn't played with anyone close to Steve mcnair

9. RavensShallBurn

Who you would rather have on your team and who's the better player are basically the same questions.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I watched both and...

I pick CJ. Eddie wasn't even THAT good. The dude was a more fit lendale white. Master of the 3 yard gain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar