Eddie nominated for HOF

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by altitan, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

A lot of guys get considered.

They were certainly good enough to get considered.

2. 615nick

615nick Starter

Do they consider the fact that these titans were held back by a mentally challenged coach? If fisher even gets nominated for the hof, eddie and steve should get in, no question. But, the sad truth is fisher has had a very long and very unproductive career and he'll get in because he's in the "in crowd". I'm not saying eddie or steve "should" get in, but they definitely had the ability.

3. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

No, they didn't. McNair was never a great QB. He never understood defenses, and rarely looked at more than one receiver. His main passes were very short yardage throws (safe) to Mason and Wycheck. They didn't trust him to throw downfield with good reason. The main reason he played was because Bud wanted him out there. Bud had these delusions that every time he got a new black QB he was getting the next Warren Moon. Watch the Music City Miracle - McNair was just horrible. Threw for about 69 yards, and ran for probably more. Look at the Super Bowl. Not exactly a HOF outing. Sorry to burst your bubble, but he was never really that good at being a NFL pocket passing QB, but he could make plays and run well. His best year he only threw for 3000 yards. Most of his success came in the 4th quarter when the D was tired and EG had worn them down.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

He's not a HOF, but this is dumb. That super bowl performance was exactly what a HOF candidate would have looked like with the big exception of Dyson getting that yard. I don't think Bud ever just assumed his black QB was the next moon. This is ignorance at its finest. He wanted Young because he was a Texas boy.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The ignorance is on your part. I attended games early on where McNair got booed, and the Tennessean got PC and accused people of being racist. No one was racist, we just wanted a QB on the field that could complete passes. We didn't care if he was green. Adams had a big hand in selecting QB's and other players. This is why Fisher left. He couldn't get the players he wanted. After the VY fiasco he had had enough. He wanted Young because he won the NCAA Championship. What a turn we might have had if Lendale gets that yard on 4th and 1. We would have probably had Leinart instead. The USC connection would have been interesting. Believe what you want, but IMO McNair was terrible. We had tons of talent around him, and a super defense. We should have accomplished a lot more. The Ravens owned us,except for one playoff game. EG put that game on his back and won it, not McNair. Ed Reed feasted on McNair passes.

• Boring Boring x 1
  6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The Dyson play was interesting. Sad we had our smallest receiver at the time the play was called. We had used it earlier in the year and the receiver walked in untouched. Jones just made a fantastic read.

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

My point still stands. He(Adams) didn't take VY because he thought he was the next moon or because he was black.
    Second, McNair getting booed his first couple seasons actually helps his case. He's turned 95% of the titans fans into fans of his despite starting on mediocre teams and the crowd turning on him. The guy didn't split a league MVP because he was terrible.
    Yes, the ravens did get the best of the Titans and with a good team. Some of that I blame on fisher, some I give credit to the freak plays like blocked FG returned for TD or del greco's missed XP, or even the terrible sneak called twice on MNF when McNair got in the first time but encroachment calls it back.
    Your other point would have been interesting. VY doesn't win the NC, I thought Cutler was the next choice but that may have just been fisher's choice.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeff fisher is not going to be in the hall of fame. Honestly i doubt of many posters here even know what the hof is.

Nobody has ever thought or ever said that Jeff fisher is or was one of the best coaches of alltime.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Another fact about Steve Mcnair is that while Eddie was a workout warrior with 6% body fat McNair was not a workout warrior at all.

Steve didn't lift extensively in the off season and usually only participated in half of training camps because of nicks and injuries. As Steve got older he gained weight and lost his mobility. By the time he was 31-32 years old he was like an old player.

A better work ethic could have avoided some injuries and prolonged the prime of his career 2-3 more years. Steve had an mvp season at age 30 and was never close to that again.

Consider that Aaron Rogers is now 32. Look how long and productive Manning and Brady's careers were.

Those guys are hall of fame players. Steve can't touch them.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree, McNair wasn't a great QB, he had some great moments but not a great career. Unfortunately he will be remembered for the SB scramble, being hurt alot, arguably foolish for playing through it and being murdered while cheating on his wife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar