Eddie Jackson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titan/Oiler34, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

I'm wondering how far he falls. Looking at a couple of mocks he's not even in the first 4 rounds... Surprising since Jaylon Smith went in the 2nd. IF he's there in the third I wouldn't mind him missing his rookie year, kid is a baller and was the heart of the Bama D.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Doesn't come of as a physical specimen with great attributes, like Jaylon Smith did.

EJ was definitely a vocal leader who everyone gravitated to, but as for taking a risk out on a safety that played with such a great front 7, is probably a risk very few teams will take.

I'd have no problem spending a late rounder on him. But comparing EJ to Jaylon Smith is a bit of a stretch.

3. Titan/Oiler34

Different positions... of course Smith is a physical specimen, Jackson isn't a lb tho. Not arguing just trying to figure this out, he would definitely be one of the top safeties on the board IMO. A tad aggressive at times but can read a QB and when he gets his hands on the ball... Just asking, if he's on the board late 3rd would taking him knowing he might not play this season be a bad thing? One thing we've been missing for a long time is good communication on the back end, Griffin had no clue what was going on at times and the same can be said for the guys we've fielded since he left... a QB for the D would be good IMO.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bama Bust.

5. Titan/Oiler34

Oh shut up, Jesus get a new schtick.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

7. Danimal

Danimal Starter

Unlike the other G.M.s we had, J Rob will not be drafting any broken pieces or project players to build our winning football team. I think you can bet on that.

8. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

He has and will. He's just not going to make a habit of it like Ruston did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar